Hello from Lancashire, UK

New users are welcome to post a short introduction here
JohnKF
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2014 11:24

Been playing ETS2 nearly a year now and I'm thinking it's about time I tried the ProMods map after seeing a few YouTube videos of it. Much looking forward to visiting Scandinavia :D

Still getting familiar with the 1.9 update since the Physics mod I was using is now disabled and the driving seems a bit strange without it. Could also be because I've not played for a few weeks due to alpha testing another game.

Has anyone noticed using ETS2 has an effect on your real driving? If I play for too long I take real life corners as though I'm towing a trailer :mrgreen:

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2014 12:23

hey JohnKF welcome to ProMods how are you?

stummer
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2014 12:39

Welcome JohnKF ... when I played ETS2 for a while, I use my mirrors more often when I'm in my car :)

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2014 18:21

Yes, since I changed from an automatic to sequential shifting via a rocker switch on my flightsim yoke, I find myself trying to change gears in my car with my left thumb now...
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Snowleopard
Donation rank:

28 Mar 2014 16:09

*Waves at JohnKF* Just up the road from me, down here in Sunny Westhoughton! A hop skip and a jump away. Good to see someone close by here :D

Welcome to ProMods BTW, been using Promods map since very first release, won't turn back as I love them. At least I will recognize you when I'm in Chorley again at Berties BB, I'll look for someone driving like they are still in ETS2 LOL
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... hp?id=1044
General Manager JWT VTC 2011+ (UKTS/GTS/ETS2/ATS)
PMs since V1.0 2013 8-)
@12 10 23
Map cover: 93% PM 2.50/RusMap/Gr8Steppe/MidEast
Driven miles: A LOT!, USING 10 Y/O ORIGINAL ETS2 PROFILE!!

JohnKF
Donation rank:

28 Mar 2014 16:17

Snowleopard wrote:At least I will recognize you when I'm in Chorley again at Berties BB, I'll look for someone driving like they are still in ETS2 LOL
Waves back :D

Thankfully the ETS2 style driving only lasts about a mile or so. It does take longer to realise that I have actually put the car in reverse though; I keep listening for the beep, beep, beep :mrgreen:

Snowleopard
Donation rank:

29 Mar 2014 03:32

John, thats funny :lol: , a mile is all it takes, I'll keep an eye out for someone with their head out the window looking backwards LOL

No such luck with reversing for me, motorbikes are foot powered for any reverse maneuver. I do ride it like it is same size as a truck so all is ok, makes people mad though :twisted:
When I go shopping it does weigh as much as a big rig so have to be careful around the bends and particularly the roundabouts at J4 M61

My bike is black (currently black but will be blue and red in the next few months) and sometimes I wear this.......

So you will perhaps spot me before I spot you! :lol:
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... hp?id=1044
General Manager JWT VTC 2011+ (UKTS/GTS/ETS2/ATS)
PMs since V1.0 2013 8-)
@12 10 23
Map cover: 93% PM 2.50/RusMap/Gr8Steppe/MidEast
Driven miles: A LOT!, USING 10 Y/O ORIGINAL ETS2 PROFILE!!

adrian007
Donation rank:

29 Mar 2014 05:32

Hi John and welcome to the forum been using Promods for a little while now about a year and am enjoying the experience having never driven through Scandinavia IRL.
Most of my driving in the UK ( before emigrating to here in Oz ) was mainly trotting back and forth from London to Bury St Edmunds and the occasional jaunt to Scotland and down to the coast ( Brighton etc.).
Liked the helmet Snow leopard scary very scary images happening better get my medication :lol:
Regards
Adrian 8-)

Return to “Introductions”

• Information