France and Monaco Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
xxsamdu972xx
Developer

01 Jan 2024 10:51

Salut,
I wish everyone a good start to the year and let's start now with the progress of the project in Paris !

Since the ProMods 10th anniversary stream, a lot of progress has been made in development and the last few months have been spent in the southern region of Paris.
It all starts with the complete rebuild of the A 10 and A 11 interchange :

With the much more advanced tools for cartography.
I was finally able to try to build the largest toll booth in France even if there is still work to be done on it but here is a preview :

Continuing on the technical part, thanks to the new tools, the areas can be transcribed identically without one area having to be amputated by the landscape of another area.
This is why in my initial project the A 6a and A 6b + A 126 connecting to the A 10 was not present, now it is!

The N104 south will no longer look like the one you currently know, it will be completely redone from A to Z with personalized rest areas.

To complete the southern region (for the moment), the A 6 from the Paris ring road to the toll booth has been rebuilt.

To conclude the development post, here is an overview of Porte de Montreuil and Porte de Bercy :

Now you are wondering when will it be released?
Well there is still a lot of work left but I am holding on and the work is progressing well,

The Paris Project will be released in several parts :
  • The first will be the largest containing everything you have seen so far, all that remains is to complete the Porte d'Italie (A 6b), Porte de Gentilly (A 6a), Porte d'Auteuil (A 13) and the A1 highway.
  • The second part will focus on adding the A 3 and the A 86 to connect to the A 4 and add 1 or 2 companies
  • The third part will be to add small roads for those who prefer small roads to highways
Why did I decide to separate the project into several parts?
This will allow me to release content little by little and this also for my motivation so that it does not drop, it is also for you to benefit from instead of waiting for more months and months, I hope that I explained well, if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask them :D
AbbieBarton wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:14
just a queston about the paris rebuild will it inculed rungis?
In the future if I still have space (which is really difficult) maybe you will have a small business but don't hope for a bigger one like the Saint-Charles market in Perpignan.

christo9567 wrote:
18 Nov 2023 23:37
Hello Sam ans everyone when is the progress on the project "paris rebuild" plz
It's very difficult given the size of the city and its region, I think the next one will be when the ring road is finished with the connection with the A 13 and another to conclude the first part of the project with the A 1 which will connect to the A 29.

- Small note:
Do not use the name Paris Rebuild because it belongs to Grimes, call this project simply Paris Project or just Paris, this will make a difference between our 2 projects ;)
Junior Tester since ProMods 2.46
Developer since ProMods 2.51

Image Working somewhere in france

avishf1
Donation rank:

01 Jan 2024 11:11

Well done, will there be an orderly announcement about the renewal? Will we have to download an update to the mod, or all of Europe again?
Avi Shafur

CCMGAMER02
Donation rank:

01 Jan 2024 12:13

A minute of silence for Paris' Grimesmod

brainiac
Donation rank:

01 Jan 2024 13:49

xxsamdu972xx wrote:
01 Jan 2024 10:51
Continuing on the technical part, thanks to the new tools, the areas can be transcribed identically without one area having to be amputated by the landscape of another area.
Can we get a little insight how this looks?
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Shiva

01 Jan 2024 18:30

Nice work :)
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

01 Jan 2024 20:34

Stunning work. Thank you for the update.

ThomPlaysGames
Donation rank:

02 Jan 2024 05:52

my god that is magnificent work you've done. trés bien! on the fourth picture the hard shoulder's markings on the custom wider road prefab seem a little thicker than those on the parallel road. is this new custom one using the FLD set??
koolman420

xxsamdu972xx
Developer

02 Jan 2024 10:42

avishf1 wrote:
01 Jan 2024 11:11
Well done, will there be an orderly announcement about the renewal? Will we have to download an update to the mod, or all of Europe again?
As soon as the first part is finished, it will be implemented in a final version of the mod after a scs version publication.
brainiac wrote:
01 Jan 2024 13:49
Can we get a little insight how this looks?
it's a bit difficult to assemble but this technique was used a lot when scs as reworked austria and probably switzerland soon, it's a combination of the use of "cut-planes" and "visibility areas" which allow to show only, hide, show hide objects. Also an important thing is to disable off-road collisions to avoid eating an invisible wall. ;)
ThomPlaysGames wrote:
02 Jan 2024 05:52
my god that is magnificent work you've done. trés bien! on the fourth picture the hard shoulder's markings on the custom wider road prefab seem a little thicker than those on the parallel road. is this new custom one using the FLD set??
Yes it's an old asset used but it's a "temporary" version, a request will be done to use the same road systems from the France dlc.
Junior Tester since ProMods 2.46
Developer since ProMods 2.51

Image Working somewhere in france

LudoDiabolo
Donation rank:

02 Jan 2024 10:51

c'est un travail magnifique et époustouflant réaliser sur Paris , moi qui évite toujours ce secteur dans le jeu ou sur Promods , j'y passerais maintenant volontiers bravo Sam .

It's a magnificent and breathtaking piece of work done in Paris. I always avoid this area in the game or on Promods, but I'd love to go there now - well done Sam.
ETS2 1.48 : Promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS
ATS 1.48 : Promods Canada

christo9567

02 Jan 2024 10:55

bravo for this excellent work I live in Goussainville in the north of the Paris region I can't wait to drive on these new roads. will there still be Roissy airport? and the first part will it be ready at least for version 1.50?

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information