Can't donate

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
xhavefunx
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2016 16:16

So, i'm have money on my paypal account, i try to donate in order to get the mod download link, and it automatically gets me to a screen where i have to add a creditcard. For christ's sake PayPal, why do you always want someone to add a creditcard like it's the only way of paying for something online on this planet?

Is there any way to simply pay the buck using my account's balance in stead of a i-need-money-but-dont-have-it-yetcard? Thanks in advance.

ScuL
Founder

30 Oct 2016 02:44

I'm not sure, it should be possible to pay with a different balance other than CC when you do the transaction, but it could also be that the account is too new and therefore they require additional security. Please run through the process again but very slowly and see if you see any alternative options
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

xhavefunx
Donation rank:

30 Oct 2016 10:52

That's the weird thing; I tried that. As soon as i click login it gets me to the screen where i have to pay with creditcard. And i highly doubt that, the account is almost 10 years old.

It's not a problem for me to download it in parts, but i'd really like to donate to contribute to one of the best mods for the game. Since i've been using it for so long. Could you perhaps send me the e-mail that is linked to the ProMods paypal account, so i can send it manually? Maybe then i could generate a link using the No Download Link page. Or you could send me one via PB.

Thanks in advance

ScuL
Founder

30 Oct 2016 12:47

Sadly it won't work that way, if Payloadz doesn't register the payment then no download link can be generated.
If you send a manual payment via the donation button below I can certainly manually send a link, but I normally don't do this as it's quite a bit of manual work
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

xhavefunx
Donation rank:

30 Oct 2016 16:11

I understand. However, i'm sure there's more people who faced the same problem and didn't bother to create a topic about it. It could be the settings of your PayPal, only accepting certain payment methods from different countries. That would of course be quite a problem, since you would mis lots of donations. Perhaps add a pay by phone/sms method, this would be even more easier! But that's up to you to decide.

Vøytek
Developer

30 Oct 2016 16:54

Phone/sms for so many countries is a bad idea I think.
Probably half of sms money goes to service operator, so it would be an expensive sms :/
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

xhavefunx
Donation rank:

30 Oct 2016 17:45

That's true. I've donated using the button at the bottom of the page. That worked.

ScuL
Founder

31 Oct 2016 00:17

Link sent.

When it comes to options, are account is open to all options. It could be that the payment options are restricted by Payloadz

xhavefunx
Donation rank:

31 Oct 2016 11:34

Link received, thanks

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information