Southern Region Map discussion

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Drive Safely

11 Sep 2016 09:50

Guys, it's a game! It doesn't matter what countries are mapped

astronomer
Donation rank:

11 Sep 2016 09:58

ScuL wrote: If we were to map the entire Ukraine or Rusmap would extend considerably southward then it would perhaps make sense. At this moment it's not a priority.
If people want to connect it they can build the connection themselves.
RusMap have one connection with SouthernRegion.
Aldimator plans a second connection from Volgograd to Kamensk- Shakhtinsky. ;)
And Kosovo is a political problem, therefore not should be Serbia?
My country not accept Kosovo. For me is Kosovo part of Serbia, but I not want to solve politics in game a I want to ride in Kosovo, Crimea etc...
I suggest, that at the border will be flags OSN or white flags and for example in Kosovo will be typical local flag.

Starfruit 017

11 Sep 2016 10:04

You should not go around a country because of politics! I know we've had this discussion countless times...
Join my forum : My Forum!

View my Projects: My Map Work

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

11 Sep 2016 10:22

OK, let me set a few things straight, especially towards the actual creator of this map.
  • We don't mind if this map is compatible with ProMods, please do! However, we don't plan an actual integration because of two things:
    • You need RusMap to get to this map. And RusMap has no short-term plans to integrate within ProMods.
    • At a few key points, it's not up to our standards yet (especially the crowded map overview). However, this doesn't mean the map is bad. In fact, it's one of the more decent maps I've seen around here.
  • Most of us haven't tried the map because it was incompatible with ProMods and therefore often overlooked, sadly.
If ScuL's words were too harsh, then I apologise for that. He can be pretty direct and he was being annoyed at the time by one particular member that should've been banned before (circumventing a ban is something that is not acceptable), demanding this integration over and over again. We had some pretty heavy internal discussion about the issue at hand. Don't let his opinion stop you from making this map compatible; you might get a whole range of new fans. I think a whole lot of people fell in love with RusMap after establishing more compatiblity with our map and others. You could head towards the same route; the more maps your map is compatible with, the more people will enjoy your creations ;)

So, to sum things up:
- Compatibility: please go ahead!
- Integration: unlikely at this point.
- The ProMods Team members have very different opinions about the matter.

Best regards,
MandelSoft (Lead Developer)
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

11 Sep 2016 11:02

CAPLV wrote:is promods or ets2 about politics or driving?
From our point we can do whatever we like but users will start flamewars over irrelevant bits and pieces and make a mess on the forums
It has happened before numerous times and costs a lot of time from all involved
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information