Åland Islands

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Sc4n14Gr1ff1n

15 Aug 2016 20:31

Okay so you guys added Orkney, Jersey, Svalbard Islands, the islands near Estonia and the Isle of Man. I am not trying to be picky but PLEASE add the Åland Islands I cant believe that they arent added yet they are the under islands of Finland you can easily add Mariehamn and Godby or Havsvidden. Could you please please add them in one of them upcoming updates. I am waiting for your guys answers and hopefully this inspires you guys to maybe add something

Regards, Joseph

And I could maybe help telling you how the Åland Islands number plate is atleast at every begining there is an Å hopefully this helps
Last edited by tkk7406 on 16 Aug 2016 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please avoid double posting, use the "Edit" button instead
Olnzel is mien stedke! Footballer (not prof sadly), fan of Feyenoord, Arsenal and Bayern München I know its alot lol!

ZelvaCZ

15 Aug 2016 21:07

We are definitely going to build it, there's no need to worry about that.
But it will take some time, sorry. It's not a priority at the moment, the focus of Finland project is currently around Kokkola (finishing vt8 between Vaasa and Oulu) and in eastern Lapland (connecting roads to the Barents Sea Project areas).

I'm not saying that Åland can't appear in the next version. But it's extremely unlikely to be there before some other towns, such as Kokkola, Sodankylä, Ivalo etc.

I hope you understand it. Mapping takes a huge amount of time - just for me it's around 1000 hours spent in the editor, and if you add up all the team members' working hours, you'd probably get more than 2 years of working time.

I hope not to disappoint you either - our goal is to eventually finish the whole Europe, and Åland is definitely one of its parts :)

Zelva

Sc4n14Gr1ff1n

15 Aug 2016 21:14

ZelvaCZ wrote:We are definitely going to build it, there's no need to worry about that.
But it will take some time, sorry. It's not a priority at the moment, the focus of Finland project is currently around Kokkola (finishing vt8 between Vaasa and Oulu) and in eastern Lapland (connecting roads to the Barents Sea Project areas).

I'm not saying that Åland can't appear in the next version. But it's extremely unlikely to be there before some other towns, such as Kokkola, Sodankylä, Ivalo etc.

I hope you understand it. Mapping takes a huge amount of time - just for me it's around 1000 hours spent in the editor, and if you add up all the team members' working hours, you'd probably get more than 2 years of working time.

I hope not to disappoint you either - our goal is to eventually finish the whole Europe, and Åland is definitely one of its parts :)

Zelva
Thanks! Hopefully the number plates are correct and I will be thirsty to see how it looks like!
Olnzel is mien stedke! Footballer (not prof sadly), fan of Feyenoord, Arsenal and Bayern München I know its alot lol!

Vladzz-G
Developer

15 Aug 2016 23:29

In that's case, it seems, that we should create new "country" with unical license plates with template "Åxx 123".
But only, when time comes. At the moment we have priorities in another areas, and as well as Želva mentioned, complete some connectiong roads.
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Shiva

16 Aug 2016 06:46

Regarding Åland numberplates, I thought I did a template for Åland or Mariehamn, but.... I can't find it...
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Sc4n14Gr1ff1n

16 Aug 2016 21:48

Vladzz-G wrote:In that's case, it seems, that we should create new "country" with unical license plates with template "Åxx 123".
But only, when time comes. At the moment we have priorities in another areas, and as well as Želva mentioned, complete some connectiong roads.
Okay I am exited to see how it turns out

PirriAND

17 Aug 2016 00:53

Yeah, i also would love to have those islands and have a truck with this plates:

Sc4n14Gr1ff1n

18 Aug 2016 10:53

ZelvaCZ wrote:We are definitely going to build it, there's no need to worry about that.

Zelva
Also I am a mapper but not a mapper as you know It I do more like future of europe for fun

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information