Balkans Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
theophanes89

12 Nov 2023 13:39

bmwGTR wrote:
10 Nov 2023 09:02
Hi,

as already multiple times said:
It will take MONTHS to release a version which is merged with West Balkan DLC - so questions for a release date are useless.
It's ready when it's ready.

We will release a version for 1.49, but this version will be without West Balkan DLC merge.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
Hello promods team,
thank you all for your great work!
It would be nice to read, how the one or other who wants to could help you get this job done faster.
Especially by support with some easier and protacted small jobs.
Which software tools are necessary to do this job and why are the people who know how to do this are not instructors or authors of instructions and examiner of the jobs to do?
That could be a possibility for them to develope themself and others.
what are the tasks out of moving the existing objects to new places of the promods map and outside of the scs map to expand latter?
What are the negative sides of enlarge the team of promods coworkers?
I´m sure some fan´s of promods want not only admire this great job and there employes but support with help.
Do you or others see there any possibilities in this direction?

best regards
theophanes89

Aleks999666

12 Nov 2023 14:53

marknemensis wrote:
25 Oct 2023 20:33
I actually prefer waiting. I've used promods form it's launch back at 2013 and i can't play the game anymore without promods! :D And imo scs releases new content too often nowadays, not that it's bad but costly on my part! xD
scs releases new content too often nowadays )) what??? LOL
for last whole 4 years we get only 2 map DLC.
for whole 2020 \ 2021 \ 2022 \ 2023 and only Iberia DLC and West Balkans DLC.
or a rework of very little Switzerland, I’ve already been waiting for more than 2 years, after Austria rework.

chrissav2002
Donation rank:

12 Nov 2023 15:22

The problem is all the update (around 4-5 a year now) brings small changes to the game.

Some "random" german cities reworked
Some new roads in Spain
Some trailer factories
some technical changes that breaks thing
and so one.

In the end, it starts to add up and it could be interesting to see the proportion of the year where promods is not yet available for the latest released ETS2 version. I didn't check but it's probably 2-3 months in total, maybe even more.
That show the "maintenance" work that the promods team has to do every time to keep promods compatible with the frequent update made by SCS.

juliussasar
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2023 20:24

1.49 does not have any major map changes, I am not sure about other mod-breaking technical changes.

maverick114

15 Nov 2023 22:42

Hi, by what I saw Koper is almost perfect and since I am there everyday I can confirm that it is very realistic in new DLC. What I saw on video reviews, DLC does not include viaduct Crni kal between Kozina and Koper but it was in Promods so it would be perfect if you could insert this part back. Currently there is a big construction zone because under that viaduct another one, this one for the rails, is in the making (try do add it ;) ). Furthermore roads around Trieste and connection between Slo - Ita were perfect in Promods, hope you can return also this in some of the future versions. Anyway as a Slovenian, a Promods fan and regular gamer, I can suggest you few things if you are interested, also can send some pictures. Thanks.

Added in 1 minute 40 seconds:
Meanwhile viaduct Crni Kal is the biggest in Slovenia so I think it should be included.. I am surprised that SCS did not do that..

jakers038

18 Dec 2023 11:38

Will the merged version also include a bunch of additions in the Balkans area itself or is just the external borders merge what we are waiting for? If instead of constant repetitive passive aggressive It's ready when it's ready copypastes we'd get actual updates and roadmaps (not "release candidate 1, release candidate 2", but something like this city, that area, that road,...), then everyone would appreciate that, but now we don't even know what we are waiting for and instead third party users are doing the work themselves out of desperation.

I understand it takes a lot of time, but at the same time there is that unofficial mod, where a person with zero map making experience has already released 6 or 7 versions and succesfully made a working merger, even including PM cities inside Balkans. Not particularly good looking, but if someone with zero experience can do that in weeks, then I can't but not wonder what an experienced Promods dev could do in the same time in order to release at least a "temporary fix" merge with Greece and Hungary, even without adding new-old cities like Subotica, Bar,etc. I might seem unsensitive or something, but if a person with zero experience can do all that, then surely experienced devs can make just a tiny stretch between NMK and Greece to bridge the waiting time and then take a year or two if needed to do things in the interior of the Balkans, which no one would mind if they'd at least be able to use the SCS WB and rest of PM's Europe in the meantime.

Joessin
Developer
Donation rank:

18 Dec 2023 14:47

Look man, just wait
Mapping does take time, free time
This is all voluntary and none of us are getting paid anyting.
If you have seen I shared an image of the Greek/Macedonian border in the Discord
That border has already taken me more than a month, because instead of just placing one lame prefab, I'm creating a whole border like the new SCS ones.
So please be patient and wait, yes people can post a half-working merge but it doesn't just work like that. If SCS did that stuff no one would buy dlc's.
So be patient, you don't understand how long it takes, if you want to understand it: Map yourself. Thanks for your time

Tedesco
Developer

18 Dec 2023 14:53

Copy paste?? You clearly do not know how this works. Mind you: We are spending countless hours of our FREE TIME, which we could be using to do something that rewards us financially, but instead we are here helping to develop a project for a community that is not only a freelance "job", but that we do for FREE. FREE! Our mod is FREE, and it will always be. So, next time you wanna barge in here complaining about our "passive aggressive" comments about when our own mod is gonna be finished, please keep that in mind and try not to be as ignorant as you were today :)
Brasileiro

Developer of TGS, Iraq and Georgia

Stefan E.
Developer

18 Dec 2023 14:55

our team is always looking for new talents, in case you know someone that can do it even faster and better than us, we're glad to consider new people in the team

pavao983

20 Dec 2023 12:36

Tedesco wrote:
18 Dec 2023 14:53
Copy paste?? You clearly do not know how this works. Mind you: We are spending countless hours of our FREE TIME, which we could be using to do something that rewards us financially, but instead we are here helping to develop a project for a community that is not only a freelance "job", but that we do for FREE. FREE! Our mod is FREE, and it will always be. So, next time you wanna barge in here complaining about our "passive aggressive" comments about when our own mod is gonna be finished, please keep that in mind and try not to be as ignorant as you were today :)
Don't consider malicious comments from the people who are ready only to consume other people's effort with no appreciation once or ever.
You guys are doing excellent job and take your time, it will be ready when is ready. Who hasn't got patience f...them.

Great work and a big thank you !

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information