British Isles Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Vøytek
Developer

06 Sep 2016 01:56

I'm here long enough to know that users usually request some small cities where they live instead of good, helpful ideas to expand the map ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2016 02:20

Ivan, this looks great but perhaps to improve, as the signs you use are not that commonly used actually, you could use something like this. I guess if you look for the service that you've created on Google Maps, you should be able to get more specifics (service name, restaurant there etc.)

Most service stations also use the following two blue signs once you've left the main carriageway:

Also, some motorway parts use a pink hard shoulder (emergency lane, if you like, in loose translation). Not actually sure how that's legally defined in the highway code i.e. where it's meant or how it's meant to be used, but it might be useful to you.

IvanGF14
Developer

06 Sep 2016 03:47

At the moment we dont have such assets. Also i put the gas station randomly and then i checked for a IRL gas station more or less at the same location

Featherus

06 Sep 2016 08:38

IvanGF14 wrote:At the moment we dont have such assets. Also i put the gas station randomly and then i checked for a IRL gas station more or less at the same location
As it's 25 miles from Exeter the closets gas station is Taunton Deane Services. Here it is on google: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.97713 ... !1e3?hl=en

And here is it's sign:

Interesting fact, this section of the M5 is the first place in the UK to have fuel prices advertised on the motorway itself.
This sign was just installed about 2 miles before Taunton Deane Services and isn't visible on Google yet. It shows the fuel prices for upcoming service stations and their distance in miles. This sign is only on the southbound side of the M5.

JoshuaGaming

06 Sep 2016 17:16

Featherus wrote: As it's 25 miles from Exeter the closets gas station is Taunton Deane Services. Here it is on google: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.97713 ... !1e3?hl=en

And here is it's sign:
At the end of the Taunton Services, i found the M5 Sign. Here it is (image attached). Taken from Google Maps
Capture.JPG
M5 Sign on the end of Taunton Services
Capture.JPG (9.09 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
As always, great work.

EG0611

06 Sep 2016 17:32

I am deeply sorry but I have to do this. Since last 7-10 days I noticed something and it starts to bother me... What is wrong with England signs?! I mean like last 5-6 pages and some off-topic topics I saw that the only discussion about England were signs. Road signs exit signs rest area signs... Current and incoming future signs are good, quality and designated so what is the reason of these discussions?

What is going on?

Featherus

06 Sep 2016 17:38

elitegamer0611 wrote:I am deeply sorry but I have to do this. Since last 7-10 days I noticed something and it starts to bother me... What is wrong with England signs?! I mean like last 5-6 pages and some off-topic topics I saw that the only discussion about England were signs. Road signs exit signs rest area signs... Current and incoming future signs are good, quality and designated so what is the reason of these discussions?

What is going on?
I don't know about anyone else, but I just posted that as it's an interesting fact for a rather unique sign that was relevant to the current conversation.

Horizon™
Developer

06 Sep 2016 17:55

Well, I am very thankful that you shown such thing! I have never seen sign like that before (with fuel prices, of course)

But some people just do not understand that we know how to use Internet for mapping and create signs/signage - especially then UK is fully covered by "Google Streetview".
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Vøytek
Developer

06 Sep 2016 18:02

elitegamer0611 wrote: What is going on?
Some people are helpful, like HighFlyerPL185 and Featherus with their last posts here. I've seen such sign with prices on next gas stations in Italy if I remember correctly. Didn't know that "End of motorway regulations" sign exist, we don't have something like that in Poland. So, it's good that you mentioned such things, it can improve quality of this map.

The problem is that some people spam too much. You know who I mean. Few devs asked him already to stop it, as he's just wasting his time showing things that devs know how to use (Street View).

It's good when you suggest things, every help is appreciated but don't demand things that can't be done or are obvious as you just waste your time. Post something interesting instead ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Featherus

06 Sep 2016 18:27

I'm glad you found it helpful. If you want any other help with things on the M5 between Bridgewater and Exeter and the A38 and the A361 I'd be happy to help. There are a few landmarks that are easy to miss on Street View but are very noticeable if you drive on the road, such as the Willow Man and the Wellington Monument.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information