British Isles Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
bumbumek

27 Nov 2016 00:56

Dear ProMods, sorry if this question was asked before, but do you plan to make Holyhead with future ferry to Ireland? This trip is one of the most popular between these two :)

InstaSim
Donation rank:

27 Nov 2016 15:43

MistahDave wrote:
Callipso wrote:
The Mad One wrote: In terms of towns, Carmarthen, Fishguard, Holyhead, Llandudno, Bangor, Aberwystwyth, Porthmadog and some Valley towns are likely in Wales.
Would not Caernarfon be a better destination than Bangor? it might leave some space to put a small settlement on Angesley. I'd also like to see Shrewsbury get worked in there on the England side of the border.
Why do you think Caernarfon is better than Bangor?

The only thing on Angelsey should be Holyhead, as it as a ferry connection to Dublin.
I think there should be more on Anglesey than just Holyhead. You have the ferry port of Holyhead but you could also make that a pickup/drop off point too. They could include Llangefni as well as this is a pretty large town on Anglesey which would add an extra point on the map, Beaumaris on the East Coast and, as someone else has already requested, Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllantysiliogogogoch :P

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

27 Nov 2016 15:50

MandelSoft wrote:Due to the scale of the map, neither will be developed; there's simply no space for them. Instead, we're considering adding Norwich.
Please do. I think it's a relevant city in terms of scale, placement etc.

MistahDave
Donation rank:

27 Nov 2016 17:07

Nope i stand by my original comment. Only Holyhead should be built on Anglesey. I would rather a bigger Holyhead than two small awkwardly placed towns with no space between them.

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

28 Nov 2016 08:29

What about Llandudno or Llandudno Junction between Bangor and Liverpool? Would that work with the scale?
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

Doug Thompson

28 Nov 2016 19:16

Llandudno Junction is where the railway diverges to Llandudno town. I went there in the summer, lovely town mind.

Callipso
Donation rank:

28 Nov 2016 20:06

InstaSim wrote: I think there should be more on Anglesey than just Holyhead. You have the ferry port of Holyhead but you could also make that a pickup/drop off point too. They could include Llangefni as well as this is a pretty large town on Anglesey which would add an extra point on the map, Beaumaris on the East Coast and, as someone else has already requested, Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllantysiliogogogoch :P

I wonder if anyone here really considers the actual scale that is involved? it seems that we are requesting that we sqeeze in three little towns into a very small area on the map. it would look as though there were a metropolis on that island if they decided to fill it in like the way some people suggest. One town will probably fill out most of the area on that island leaving little room for anything else, perhaps a company or two if they decided to do that. Certainly not extra towns. Its the same with the Cholchester and Ipswitch ideas, the cities are scaled to 1:3 so they would be enormous additions to the area one could not hope to fit both into that small area or hope to fit even one without some major difficulties.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

28 Nov 2016 21:20

For a definitive answer: no, only Holyhead will be featured. It's even unsure if Bangor will fit at all. We have little space to work with.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

MOOSE 6733
Donation rank:

28 Nov 2016 23:15

Hi MandelSoft,
Having been away from Euro Truck Sim2 for a while, I'm absolutely amazed at the progress made with the development of all aspects of ETS2 and it's associated add ons!
Would you happen to know if there is any indication for a possible release date for the version 2.x (British Isles edition)?
Naturally, having seen the levels of detail in preview screenshots, I realise that such a huge task will take a very long time to come to fruition; but, I just wondered if anyone knew?
MOOSE 6733
If It Isn't Broken, Don't Try To Fix It! :D

jammypot
Donation rank:

29 Nov 2016 02:59

Hi All,
First post here but certainly not new to these games and have been around since the days of 18WoS PTTM! Nowadays I don't have much time for ETS2 due to other commitments but just wanted to comment on the fantastic work that has been produced.

I just wanted to throw my ideas into the hat.

For North Wales, I think Bangor is the best option as you can use the A55 scenic coastal route, Bangor is next to the A55 and there is also potential scope to link the A5 across Snowdonia with Betws-y-Coed and then down towards 'Shrewsbury' and the M6. The A55 can then continue towards Holyhead. Perhaps to fill out north Wales the A470 maybe a better option than the coastal route via Caernarfon. In terms of freight, Caernarfon doesn't offer much and the castle is more a gimmick.

Keep up the good work guys!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information