Some remarks on updates and trailerpack

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
mmik
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2016 17:41

For a long time I have with great pleasure used ProMods different packages - and still do ;)

Long before SCS came with Scandinavia DLC, I drove around in Scandinavia - and especially in Denmark, where I come from.
My headquarters was in Copenhagen (as it was created by ProMods) and I also had a garage in Kolding.

I found in conjunction with other updates out that it was not always smart to have a garage in a city that does not also exist in SCS' maps. So when SCS came with their Scandinavian DLC - and as I was about to reinstall the game, I started it up without maps from ProMods. It was also out of curiosity to see how the world would look like, according to SCS. :D

Scandinavian DLC from SCS is fine, but I was somewhat disappointed as Copenhagen - to put it mildly - does not live up to be Scandinavia's second largest city with Scandinavia's largest airport and a major port. Therefore, I hoped that with an update to ProMods 2.0 and later 2.01 I again would have a sense of Copenhagen's size.

But alas! Copenhagen still looks as SCS has created it, and a city like. Kolding is no more ... :(

So I ask:
- Have ProMods plans to recreate Copenhagen? - I hope so.
- And can we expect that cities - as Kolding - suddenly disappears? If so one shall not place ones headquaters in such a city...

A little about your Trailer Pack (which I think is great!)

Again an example from Copenhagen:
With the small size in which SCS has created Copenhagen, there are not many opportunities to get a lucrative job. At one company however you could get some good jobs - as with Skanska, one of Scandinavia's largest construction companies (if not the largest). Here you could get jobs moving the big machines, and that´s good jobs.

However, after installing your (otherwise really good) trailer pack, SKANSKA has been reduced to a branch of the Austrian postal service, and now you drive onto the large construction site and collect letters and parcels .... :?

Question: Will things like this be corrected in a future update?
Do´nt take life to seriously - nobody get´s out alive anyway.

Shiva

01 Mar 2016 22:22

Kolding, as I remember reading, it should be back in the future.
Copenhagen, can't remember.
Check http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7263 ?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

02 Mar 2016 00:06

The rough work on Kolding has been finished just today, using the latest assets we created. I think some screenshots will appear soon when we finished the details ;)

As for København: it's just a matter of time and priorities before that is being rebuilt. We have some other areas in the DLC scheduled for rebuild (mainly København and Göteborg), but this all depends on what priorities we set. We have a bit of trouble with that lately. We may have a large team, but also a large map to cover, expand and maintain.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Dannu
Donation rank:

02 Mar 2016 06:04

Sounds nice :)
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

LoaderSaints

03 Mar 2016 15:12

mmik wrote:However, after installing your (otherwise really good) trailer pack, SKANSKA has been reduced to a branch of the Austrian postal service, and now you drive onto the large construction site and collect letters and parcels .... :?

Question: Will things like this be corrected in a future update?
This will be corrected in the next version of the Trailer & Company Pack. ;)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information