Recruiting ProMods ATS developers

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
angrybirdseller
Donation rank:

25 May 2016 07:30

Arizona DLC has prefabs and setup should of been used in California in the first place. and
Starting wth California first gonna take conservative approach use prefabs SCS provided in ATS Arizona DLC.

I know how to make house in blender and get it into ATS, but looking to use what SCS has provided first. Just needed to figure out how to add reassurance shields like CA-91 and I-405 into ATS to show up on signage while driving.

The thing I have used the editor from 18 wheels of steel from 10 years ago and some things they do never change. For example, the automat file structure the material file still around dont know what your doing total nightmare.

Shin204

07 Jun 2016 04:52

im trying to learn mapping lol, but im still very basic. however with some resources/help i would be willing to help-I work from home so I have more then enough time.

Kobra2112

07 Jun 2016 19:10

Goomb wrote:Familiar with I-87 and I-95, to a lesser extent. Been a fan of ProMods for a bit, I know how to use the editor, but not Blender, or any modeling tool.
I would assume that this is in the NYC area. Without some sort of universal agreement on what the scale of Promods will be, you will have a very difficult time trying to include everything. Manhattan is hopelessly complex as is the rest of the surrounding boroughs of NYC. Best of luck my friend, you're going to need it.

Edit instead of double posting:

For the people here who want to help, but likely live in an area that is very far away from the currently mapped areas (I for example, live in the state of vermont), I recommend you do what I'm doing: do a little work in ETS2, learn the basics (maybe make a fantasy map and mess with the editor?) and then apply what you've learned in ATS so that by the time the map reaches your home state, you can use your skills effectively to make it a bit more realistic ;)
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Jman12678

16 Jun 2016 21:12

I would be interested in being a developer for ATS map. I am a Civil Engineering graduate with emphasis in Transportation Engineering. I currently work for the Texas Department of Transportation and deal with roadway design process. We use many manuals for roadway design in the USA. Manuals are MUTCD, AASHTO Green Book, Roadside Safety Design, ETC. We have standards for design also.

I have no modding experience but I guess its time for me to learn and head over to promods academy and learn. I'm willing to learn so I can help out with ATS map in the future. So I guess I need learn to use map editor and blendr for 3D modeling and begin to show my work.

Tips for anyone already working to help with realism with signs

We have a manual we use for uniform signage in the USA.
It called the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)
It's used across the country and states have to right to modify it for their state or have state supplement.
In Texas we have modified the manual for our state and it the TMUTCD
Here are link for anyone needing them

National MUTCD:
http://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/

Texas MUTCD:
http://www.txdot.gov/government/enforce ... .html.html

2012 Standard Highway Sign Designs for Texas (SHSD)
This give dimensions for the design of signs
http://www.txdot.gov/government/enforce ... .html.html

These link will help for anyone that is working on signage and good basis to start from.
Professional Engineer Licensed in Texas

Enjoy anything that deals with roads.

Thanks and Gig Em'

NJ_Bapt

16 Jun 2016 23:51

I mean.. I'm from New York but I have very good knowledge of road laws, routes, cities, etc. I just have very good geographic knowledge so all I need to learn is just the editor. Other then that, I'm sure I can do this.

EG0611

19 Jun 2016 14:09

So people... Just wondering is there any kind of progress on Promods ATS?

Vøytek
Developer

19 Jun 2016 14:12

The team is busy in Europe and only one guy presented the beginning of his work... So probably not.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Jman12678

23 Jun 2016 19:40

I've been fiddling around in the map editor and drew a basic segment of road. Got it to work and compress to an scs file to install as mod. But does anyone know any good tutorials to read or watch to do a basic map. I was looking around on YouTube. Some people do different steps as looked in promods academy page and YouTube. Like how to attach a map to map created. Looking to do a basic interstate freeway segment in Texas with frontage road and cross street intersection. Just seek steps on how to progress in map editors. I know do the road network first before doing terrain and scenary.
Professional Engineer Licensed in Texas

Enjoy anything that deals with roads.

Thanks and Gig Em'

Vøytek
Developer

24 Jun 2016 00:05

The best idea is to try many things yourself. How did I start? Deleted few highway segments, tried to create a bridge and a river as realistic as possible (even if it maybe wasn't done correctly and can be improved with new experience), then I placed prefabs (interchanges) but I didn't like the poor effect so I decided to build it myself. I spend most of the time (and you can't do it other way) on looking for right prefabs in Content Browser. You just have to see how it works, see where you can find what you're looking for. Of course, I was asking some questions and I had watched some videos about it but I was just trying some things and it was working ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

jazzytimy

28 Jun 2016 05:20

I am willing to become a Developer for Pro Mods I am From the States.If you are willing to teach me how to develop for ATS. Inbox Me or Reply here on the thread if you would like to take me up on this offer.Thanks I from Midwest

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information