Development on version 2.x (Barents Sea Extension)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Djm mina

23 Sep 2020 19:02

1.37 mod map

bmwGTR

24 Sep 2020 07:28

Hi,

if you need the version for 1.37, you can download it here:
compat.php

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Luky0805

04 Oct 2020 19:28

Why does russia have so many border checkpoints? (Or border checks, I mean those places marked with light blue on the map)

ScuL
Founder

05 Oct 2020 00:24

They are more like internal security checkpoints, they try to stop citizens who go into the border zones and make sure their business is legitimate in order to stop human trafficking
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Horizon™
Developer

05 Oct 2020 10:59

Luky0805 wrote:
Why does russia have so many border checkpoints? (Or border checks, I mean those places marked with light blue on the map)
The area is heavily militarised in the region, due of military bases and other high-security facilities, therefore, the areas contain border checkpoints to ensure that the area would be safe, and to keep any foreign traffic and citizens from leaving the main routes in the area.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Pfc. Leyden
Donation rank:

05 Oct 2020 19:03

Luky0805 wrote:
Furthermore, unless you can prove for example you're visiting a relative in that area or driving to Norway, you're only allowed to stay for about 2 hours in that area, otherwise the police will go looking for you. Happened to me that way when on holiday up there..luckily reported back to the checkpoint just in time.
I speak 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇪🇸 🇷🇺

StephenHunterUK

05 Oct 2020 19:32

ScuL wrote:
05 Oct 2020 00:24
They are more like internal security checkpoints, they try to stop citizens who go into the border zones and make sure their business is legitimate in order to stop human trafficking
A relic of the Cold War era too; they used to be a lot more common along the former Iron Curtain to stop potential defectors. Most people who tried to get across the Inner German Border were either caught and arrested at the first checkpoint or indeed before that.

sicu220

10 Oct 2020 16:50

Hello! Who modeled the city of Murmansk?

JohnBart
Donation rank:

19 Oct 2020 08:30

^Since the main developer of the Barents Sea Extension was ajungrei93, my bet would be on them, although I'm not 100% sure.
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

MG Mike
Donation rank:

26 Oct 2020 21:22

Hello,

I saw a documentary at YouTube and also heard an episode of a pod cast series named "stranger sounds" and there was the topic the deepest hole drilled by mankind..

It is located at Kola between Murmansk and Nikel.

It is over 12 km deep and deeper as the hole the Americans drilled.
The project brought some important informations about the inner of earth.
But also they put a camera and a microphone down there. The camera had a malfunction and has not recorded what's down there, but the microphone recorded sounds that were like thousands or millions of shouting and crying humans... Especially if the recording is played backwards..

So there were rumors that this project drilled into the hell... A creepy story..

The whole thing was back in the 90ths.. And the leftovers are still there. A abandoned sience station, the abandoned drill hole with a hatch on top..

I have searched the site at Google maps..

And it is between Nikel and Murmansk south of the E105 and also south of the 47K-086

How about to bring it as a landmark in the map. Visit able by a secret road with a sleeping place at the ruins there.. And. Maybe make a small way to follow with the Flycam into that buildings where you can still hear the recordings or something like that.

Would be a nice thing, similar like the deepest place near the dead sea at middle east addon..

Just as a litte suggestion

Regards
MG Mike
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information