Austria Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Frate
Donation rank:

02 May 2022 17:51

As cool as the old layout is, on a technical level it is outdated.

Skytrain

06 May 2022 22:33

Small question regarding Karawankentunnel: Will it being removed after the replacement of Austria?
ETS2:Promods+RusMap+The Great Steppe+Middle East+Red Sea+Road to Asia+SibirMap+Paris Rebuild+Finnmark(+Maghreb in the future)
ATS:Promods+Reforma Map

bmwGTR

07 May 2022 11:34

Hi,

Karawankentunnel will for sure stay after the replacement of Austria.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

MG Mike
Donation rank:

16 May 2022 18:16

brainiac wrote:
25 Apr 2022 12:09
And we will lost another great city - Wien.
I didn't play ETS for few years and if that happens, probably I will never play ETS again.
In general the new Wien is more nice, cause the Promods one is old and has some outdated things in it..

But in general the story is that the Promods map will getting smaller and smaller by time. Instead of further improve new stuff to make it better as SCS for giving a reason to play promods, the team sacrifice more and more and replace with SCS standard. Best examples are in Germany, now also with Austria and next will be Balkans. As soon SCS Balkan DLC will be out i guess they also will delete their old Balkan complete.

There is also nothing to know if at the latest parts of Spain will ever return.

But In the case of Austria it is nothing really bad cause the new Austria is really really great. I like the new Alpine Mountains a lot..

And sadly their last new addition at the Tauern Autobahn with Flachau will also be lost due to the circumstances that SCS did the same area, but with an other exit, that leads to Bischofshofen .
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

brainiac
Donation rank:

16 May 2022 19:22

I don't understand why they replace their areas. Even they are older, most of us like them most. They don't ask us about anything, just do what they think is right. If they don't return Spain, I am pretty sure I will never play ETS 2 again.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

ETS2-User
Developer

16 May 2022 19:52

Most of you? Speak for yourself; the majority of the voices we hear in the community are very much in favour of SCS Austria. Also, we have to take care of the technical aspect, too, because I'm sure you'll want a product as technically stable and up to date as possible. Old ProMods Austria was anything but that.

And since you mentioned Wien's layout... SCS layout is almost identical, except for the inner motorways A23 and A2 and their connections. Instead, you get more of Vösendorf and even Stockerau, so isn't that something.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Scorpiors

16 May 2022 20:29

i am realy exited what comes, when its ready, so i dont see any problems, and what ets2 user all siad, they do there best, and its not so simple if you think brain! If you do, why you try to make some rebuild, then we can see your work?
I Play euro truck simulator for fun, and I find the game and promods very cool! I love it!!!
And Uses promods sinds 1.35.

Shiva

16 May 2022 23:03

ETS2-User, cheers for your and your PM's work :)
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

LudoDiabolo
Donation rank:

17 May 2022 06:41

Hello everyone, I don't understand your messages and your opinions about Promod ?

I like Promods because it brings in places that SCS hasn't done yet, but when SCS comes in this area I prefer SCS's work, because it will always be more stable and better adapted to the game.

Promods has the art and the way to rebuild certain zone forgotten by SCS and not at the top, and also the art to build and build the zone not yet made by SCS, me I find that good that Promods leaves the content SCS which comes, to concentrate on other place not yet touched by SCS ;).
ETS2 1.48 : Promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS
ATS 1.48 : Promods Canada

Shiva

17 May 2022 13:34

ETS2-User, sadly I never visited ProMods Wien.
SCS's loks quite good.
I have compared the old PM layout, still shown at https://ets2.online/map/ets2pro vs 1.44 with map editor.
For me, it looks that it could maybe? be possible to add parts of the inner parts?
B224 and B17. + Inzersdorf and Altmannsdorf? https://www.google.com/maps/dir/48.1191 ... m2!4m1!3e0
B224 and B17 most plausible roads?

Vösendorf does not have the necessary exit from A21 to A2 north, but that I think could be the easiest redo of the whole area?
S1 south, to A2 north, that, I don't know. Is that possible? https://www.google.com/maps/dir/48.1247 ... m2!4m1!3e0
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information