[REL] RusMap 2.45 [1.45.x]

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
ScuL
Founder

18 Aug 2020 04:17

Let me provide you with our official point of view;

1) It is up to each users' choice what map mods he uses and what combos he creates. This doesn't have any impact on the plans for ProMods to cover all of Europe, which hopefully one day we will.
2) It is up to each map modders' choice what areas they create or chose to develop. It has no impact at all on the decisions in our team where we will expand or improve next.

Sergey061 wrote:
17 Aug 2020 20:24
Let me try to be clear. We are not talking about any termination of cooperation, and this was not part of our plans.
The original cooperation with RusMap was with Aldimator and it has always been a very positive relationship. Lately his presence has faded and we are happy to keep a positive relationship with any modder that works on areas close to our map.
However, it is totally unacceptable to "cut" any ProMods territories from any official "connector mod". Any "connector mod" that will be published to our community will contain our map sectors first and foremost.
If users want to use different connectors that prioritise any other map mod, that is up to them. They are free to choose.
Sergey061 wrote:
Above you correctly noted that very many of the gaming community do not use Promodes in their combos.
From our statistics that is an absolute minority. A very small part of the community. In fact the largest part of the community uses no map mods at all. Then comes the part of the community that uses ProMods and maybe less than 10% use mods that are not ProMods.
The distribution may be different in Russia.
Sergey061 wrote:
However, watching the video presentation of version 2.50, I noticed an indication of the next changes in the area of ​​the Polish city of Suwalki. This sector is included in the connector. In addition, the further development of Ukraine leads to an additional connection in the Brest region. I am ready to implement this new connection, I do not see any problems, but if my assumptions about the cities of Suwalki, Belastok are confirmed, I will stop supporting the connector. I'm tired of restoring and redoing the connector for each new version of Promods, and at what in the same place. In the zone of the Promods - Rusmap connection on the European part of the map, no changes were made from the Rusmap side, so the opinion is quite reasonable - if the promod is interested in further communication of the two maps, they have a person in the team who made (or at least updated) Connector. So why doesn't he update it for the latest versions.
We are constantly updating our sectors so this amount of work will never cease. But we will try and allocate someone in the team, if they have the time, to update the official "connector mod".
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

olaf28

18 Aug 2020 11:31

When I read this they say that makers such as RM, SR, RoEX, etc. only represent 10% of the community and therefore do not matter. While they are the most active part of the community.
I now tend to react very annoying but I just won't
TerraMaps Administration, COO
Red Sea Map I Caribbean Map | Road to Asia Map | Corfu Map I Pacific Map
https://terramaps.net/forum/
https://www.facebook.com/TerraMapsOfficial

Proc: i7-9750H 2,6 GHz (max. 4,5 GHz)
Mem: 16GB
Grap: ASUS ROG -STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING 6 GB GDDR6

Horizon™
Developer

18 Aug 2020 12:31

Hello,

You're simply imagining and making it up that we "don't care about other mods" as a way to cause unnecessary drama. You should've read it more carefully as ScuL has not told that small or big map mods do not matter, as he simply told that either 10% of ProMods community is using other map mods or that other map mods, such as RusMap, represent 10% of whole ETS2 community (might be different in Russia), considering that there are vast numbers of people that simply will not use mods or weren't using them as of now.

Just by simply comparing our download numbers and forum users (assuming that they are not duplicate or bot accounts), we are also only able to access a portion of whole ETS2 community.

Have a great day.

Horizon,
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

ScuL
Founder

18 Aug 2020 13:08

olaf28 wrote:
When I read this they say that makers such as RM, SR, RoEX, etc. only represent 10% of the community
This is true, it's probably less than 10%.
olaf28 wrote:
and therefore do not matter.
But that is absolutely the WRONG conclusion. Who says they don't matter?
olaf28 wrote:
While they are the most active part of the community.
That is totally untrue. They may have the most vocal supporters but that's something else.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

psychoszoku

18 Aug 2020 14:15

ScuL wrote:
18 Aug 2020 13:08
This is true, it's probably less than 10%.
Could you please provide numbers/statistics on which it was based on? I am really interested how it is divided in the community.

ScuL
Founder

18 Aug 2020 15:15

I can't disclose exact data but I know some numbers due to our close relationship with SCS

Wrona 628

18 Aug 2020 16:04

I wish you to come to a common and beneficial agreement. Both maps are too good to have to choose between them. They are perfect as a set.
Życzę Wam, żebyście doszli do wspólnego i korzystnego porozumienia. Obydwie mapy są zbyt dobre, żeby musieć wybierać między nimi. Idealne są jako komplet.
Have a nice day and tasty coffee in the morning
Życzę miłego dnia i smacznej kawusi z rana
;)

ProMods Translator
TerraMaps Translator

ScuL
Founder

18 Aug 2020 16:06

Don't worry we are discussing the best solutions via PM

Shiva

18 Aug 2020 16:08

Thumbs up to that :)

By the way, it would be nice in my opinion, if the version number of RusMap could be added to the rusmap_map.jpg 's etc.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

slider916

18 Aug 2020 17:13

I'm glad it's being discussed via PM now, and hopefully you folks can come up with a resolution.
Remember, It's just a game.

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information