Development on version 1.x (Slovenia edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
sven_engelen

25 Dec 2014 20:39

We can always improve it

Rocar 512E

25 Dec 2014 20:41

:roll: So, that means that Coratia and rest of Slovenia can be done by the others?

sven_engelen

25 Dec 2014 20:43

Thats what i think. I think we should wait a while before giving a definitive opinion. Let racertoft work on it and well see

volan123
Donation rank:

25 Dec 2014 20:44

sveneng wrote:Thats what i think. I think we should wait a while before giving a definitive opinion. Let racertoft work on it and well see
I'm gonna take neutral stance as well :)
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

25 Dec 2014 20:47

To be honest I didn't think stuff properly through. Racertoft asked me today if we can create a topic and I thought it would be a reasonable idea so everyone now knows that we are working on it.

True, should have contacted before but didn't think about. Guess that the Christmas meal is still slowing my brains :P

XZV wrote:Nico, Why dont you just make them developers? Look what Purno can do, Im sure with your guys help and his knowledge already on how to build maps, They can become a good developer like Purno
Please don't see this as any disrespect:

There are many mappers out there but a while ago we made a decision: We don't just add people anymore. If someone blows us away with their work than they are the right material. Some people blow us away easily, for others it's harder. It took a long while before we took Mandelsoft into the team mainly because of how things started with him.

Mapping isnt easy. When I started I was crap. Now after 2,5 years I know all the tricks to make something nice. We noticed that some mappers were still very novice and needed lots more attention something that we sadly can't offer alot.

For Utrecht: Not planned but the area around it may change so big chance we can't just implement stuff.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

XZV

25 Dec 2014 20:52

Well Nico, Its your choice as to who you pick to become a developer but if you check their topic, You could see how much volan123 cared and love his project and It did be a long time to be put it on hold because of how long you (ProMods) take to build map because of how good your quality is, Yes maybe their project isnt up to your quality but you gave Purno a chance and look what he can do, You never know how these guys can suprise you with their work..
Headquarters: Hamburg, Germany
Registration Plate: HH WB 67
Map Explored: 61.87%
Distance travelled: 68,131 km

#JeSuisCharlie

Rocar 512E

25 Dec 2014 20:52

IMO You should work togheter. That's the best option.
Nico wrote:Guess that the Christmas meal is still slowing my brains :P
:lol: lol.
Last edited by Rocar 512E on 25 Dec 2014 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

25 Dec 2014 20:54

This topic makes total sense to me; if RacerToft can create the Northern part of the country, our team can work on the South, and by the time both have finished, the developers will be able to see if our work meets their standards. If not, it would be simple for RacerToft to make the rest of Slovenia, or perhaps, he could modify our team's work, depending on the quality.

It would probably help for the ProMods developers to check/ comment on our topic every now and then, not asking for much time or attention ;).

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

25 Dec 2014 21:00

Yup true daf. To be honest we already gave you guys some time by halting ours (but we also had no real developer available :P ).

Right now we just make that norhern part. Not sure how long that will take but lets see.

I would invite the developers to join me on my skype. I will make a group chat and see if we can racertoft there as well.

Currently I have more time again but there was a time where I barely did anything so I got so many unread posts on the forum that I decided not to read that much anymore. When I have time I check the development sections and during releases the bug reports. Sometimes I get directed to certain topics and when I really have time I create something myself.

I browsed it quickly mainly looking at pictures. I love every single one of the forum members here who put dedication into their and our project. I don't want to push you guys aside so I will keep in touch with you through skype. Much easier for me and hopefully for them as well...

In the end of the day we didn't make this decision to annoy you guys. We made the decision because we considered it right for us.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

sven_engelen

25 Dec 2014 21:06

We respect it :)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information