ProMods 2.01

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
MandelSoft
Lead Developer

19 Feb 2016 11:28

The new asphalt textures are based upon the Scandinavia DLC roads, although I couldn't match the colour due to the different shader that's being used. For the lines we took the ones from ATS and tweaked them to our standards.

By the way, the map did receive some extra tweaks. I'm waiting for the first person who notices them. Some of these tweaks are more subtle than others, but there is at least one that is really, really clear.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Lolsmurf

19 Feb 2016 12:16

MandelSoft wrote:The new asphalt textures are based upon the Scandinavia DLC roads, although I couldn't match the colour due to the different shader that's being used. For the lines we took the ones from ATS and tweaked them to our standards.

By the way, the map did receive some extra tweaks. I'm waiting for the first person who notices them. Some of these tweaks are more subtle than others, but there is at least one that is really, really clear.
Tweaks in gameplay or in what exactly ?
By the way, mandelsoft, in Estonia I think you guys used reflective poles on the side of the road. It's the only place where you can see further than 1 pole without using the big lights.

On other places there are poles on the side of the road as well, but they are not reflective.
I've tested it alot by di9mming my lights completely. Then the poles were invisible. When using normal lights they became visible and the ones in the darkness reflected by that small reflective piece on the top.

In other countries even with lights on you cant see further than the one completely lit, because they dont reflect.
In Poland on the other hand there are some kind of cateyes on the road, but they light up even without any light on them.

It would be nice to see more of those things anyways, even if they are lit 24/7. Now I drive with my biggest lights on half of the time in darkness.

Polva
Donation rank:

19 Feb 2016 12:59

I only did see 2 new cities in iceland.

nikola.purisic

19 Feb 2016 13:26

New city in Iceland? fuck yeah.

I love the snowy roads you guys made there, it gets tough to drive which is what I like.

Denimator
Donation rank:

19 Feb 2016 14:08

I think I have to drive to iceland this weekend :)

Edit: I haven`t seen so much until now - but on this weekend I will drive a few more miles :)
Last edited by Denimator on 19 Feb 2016 15:11, edited 1 time in total.

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

19 Feb 2016 14:42

Some of it is so subtle, I thought it was a bug. :lol:
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

IvanGF14
Developer

19 Feb 2016 15:01

Iceland is not the only place with improvements :mrgreen:

Vøytek
Developer

19 Feb 2016 15:16

So far I'm finding some bugs that were reported and aren't fixed even in such a long time (almost 2 months). Check bug reports. Still awesome job but it's strange to see that something reported like 10 times is still in the game. Nothing made my game crash so far though :)
"but there is at least one that is really, really clear." - I'm very curious about that one. Can't wait to find it! ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

bumbumek

19 Feb 2016 15:34

Dear ProMods team, you could tell us what is new/updated/rebuild in v2.01 - not everyone has time to search for new things ;)

I have noticed 2 new cities in Iceland. Anything else? :)

Vøytek
Developer

19 Feb 2016 15:36

Few pages back there's a changelog which shows how many fixes were done but I think there aren't new things listed so we have to find it :) That's the fun for those who have a lot of time. And luck to drive some roads first ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information