United Kingdom

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
jspence73

26 Oct 2015 16:02

I searched is Westminster a part of London and Heres what it says if you are not living in the uk https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Westminster
When map mods come into mind ProMods is always the Number 1 map mod of Ets2 :)

Been enjoying promods since 1.95 :)

Just became a Beta Tester for the C2C Map since v2.2 on ATS

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

26 Oct 2015 16:56

Just to confirm, yes Westminster is a borough of London as much as Kensington and Chelsea or Hammersmith are.

jspence73

26 Oct 2015 19:01

Cool I always think that its a separate city cause it has the big tall clock but I can see that now :D
When map mods come into mind ProMods is always the Number 1 map mod of Ets2 :)

Been enjoying promods since 1.95 :)

Just became a Beta Tester for the C2C Map since v2.2 on ATS

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

27 Oct 2015 00:46

And I don't think any large long-distance trucks go through Westminster!
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

SweetErin

28 Oct 2015 06:56

Out of curiosity, how does the sunlight positioning affect the UK, is it based off where you should be if it was at the same scale as the rest of the world, or is it based off it's location in the world, so with the 1:15 scale, is northern Scotland getting a similar sun position to southern Norway

AlexanderPope
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2015 04:14

penguinaz wrote:And I don't think any large long-distance trucks go through Westminster!
Not downtown, but in the areas north of Hyde Park where I live, yeah, you see some trucks. Most are DAF LF, but every now and then you get lucky, and I did see an XF once. :)

Besides, there are buses aplenty, and when SCS releases that DLC it might be fun to have a stop somewhere important.
Heaven from all creatures hides the book of Fate,
All but the page prescribed, their present state:
From brutes what men, from men what spirits know:
Or who could suffer being here below?

Neppolomon

06 Feb 2016 13:14

Well here's my point of view.

The UK is one of the most densely packed countries for cities in the world. Surely this should be reflected in the map in a similar approach to ATS. Cities in my opinion should be close together for example:

Nottingham - Derby - Leicester
Leeds - Bradford - Manchester - Liverpool

Also I feel some major routes are missing, such as:

A34 from Winchester up to Birmingham
A52 so we can add Stoke, Derby and Nottm' and add another route up to Hull and Grimsby
A3 for Portsmouth - London with a croydon style thing for Guildford
A303 to have another west country route with possible addition of Salisbury and exeter.
M40 for Oxford
A43 for Oxford to Northampton. (I know this is a major trucking route so it would be very relevant)
A33 to link Basingstoke and Reading which should be added in.
Many Many More

I must stress that it only takes 10miles to get from Basingstoke to Reading IRL so that should be reflected in the map as I said earlier. I would love my route to involve driving through lots of towns and cities as it would do in real life.

Signage needs to be way more realistic with roundabout signage, motorway signs and trunk road stuff. Services signs could be way more accurately done like they are in Germany. Junctions (intersections) in the map are extremely inaccurate compared to the UK in real life.We need loads of roundabouts (loads) and some more custom interchanges like:

M1 - M6 - A14 Cathorpe Junction
M4 - M5 Almondsbury
M1 - A52 Ilkeston Interchange
M4 - A34 Chievely
All the M25 junctions also.

I realise this takes a lot of work, but I think its pretty clear with the release of ATS, I dont think SCS will be working on the UK any time soon. Therefore it would be super amazing if promods would develop for it again, I would happily help with signage and testing cause I feel really passionate about it. But yea, I think the UK could be special and considering its the 3rd most populated country in the game, it should be shown some love.

Regards,

Dom

Horizon™
Developer

06 Feb 2016 14:37

...And we also want to give some love to these British Isles - Ireland and Britain.

Britain:
For me, the most notable miss outs are South-West, Welsh areas, and cities like Bristol or Exeter; the M42 is not in the game which leaves the Birmingham without a ring road...

Ireland:
Ireland is just left out with Isle of Man - I want to see Dublin, Douglas and Belfast in the map so much! Probably Navan could be in :P

As you might see, in the current ProMods 2.00, there are few new custom interchanges - Nearby the new city of Chelmsford, which is made by two fellow moderators - cashtime2013 and another great guy. The interchange near the Portsmouth has been created by the ETS2-USER - the interchange itself been made before he became a developer. We would love to build everything right now, but there is any developer who would do it, so... New members are required to do that job, and we also want to have ATS team, so... People will have to wait.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Neppolomon

06 Feb 2016 14:52

How many developers do you see coming in? I would have thought loads of people would want to develop for pro mods.

ETS2-User
Developer

06 Feb 2016 15:02

DeusHorizon wrote:and another great guy.
Now who might this modest person be? :P

You can definitely look forward to more content on the british isles. And the fact that there are many people out there who'd like to map for us might be true, but they do have to meet our quality standards and be cooperative.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information