Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
tkk7406
Add-on Developer

03 Mar 2015 19:33

plykkegaard wrote:It's a trucking game, not a coach simulator
Please check where the large logistic centers are placed
That's more like it.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

M4rkus

03 Mar 2015 20:02

Well, it could become a coach simulator someday. I don't know the plans of SCS but there are some signs indicating that. Anyhow, what I find most appealing of this game is to explore European countryside and also the cities. This is why I don't want to have dull industrial areas but pay attention to cities that are also important scenery-wise. I know there is a mixed audience playing this game, some are interested in trucking and others mainly want to explore a virtual version of Europe. I belong to the second group – and I think this is also one of the important points that most makers of this map mod get their motivation from.

Memphis84

03 Mar 2015 20:16

IMO only these cities should be added for ARP - Regensburg , Ulm , Karlsruhe , Wurzburg , Saarbrucken , Cottbus (another connection with Poland) , Neubranderburg , Schwerin - a lot of space to add them :)

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

03 Mar 2015 20:17

M4rkus wrote:
Well, it could become a coach simulator someday. I don't know the plans of SCS but there are some signs indicating that. Anyhow, what I find most appealing of this game is to explore European countryside and also the cities. This is why I don't want to have dull industrial areas but pay attention to cities that are also important scenery-wise. I know there is a mixed audience playing this game, some are interested in trucking and others mainly want to explore a virtual version of Europe. I belong to the second group – and I think this is also one of the important points that most makers of this map mod get their motivation from.
Once the coach simulator is released then you can discuss about the touristic places. Now though, we need to discuss cities for trucking.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

M4rkus

03 Mar 2015 20:24

I disagree. It's up to the people what to discuss and how to set priorities on what they would like to have on the map. And it's up to the mappers what they want to build. I have made suggestions and given reasons. If you have better ideas, you are free to post them.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

03 Mar 2015 20:30

M4rkus wrote:I disagree. It's up to the people what to discuss and how to set priorities on what they would like to have on the map. And it's up to the mappers what they want to build. I have made suggestions and given reasons. If you have better ideas, you are free to post them.
I know, and I agree with you. But you shouldn't forget to consider the trucking market of that city.
Cheers,

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

03 Mar 2015 20:36

M4rkus wrote:I disagree. It's up to the people what to discuss and how to set priorities on what they would like to have on the map ...
Yep and some likes large logistic centers be present more than interesting cities/sceneries
Btw It's really up to the developers to prioritize and set goals for content - not you nor me, we can merely suggest ;-)
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

M4rkus

03 Mar 2015 20:41

Btw It's really up to the developers to prioritize and set goals for content - not you nor me, we can merely suggest ;-)
I know, and I'm just suggesting - and this time my suggestions were about cities :P. Of course, I know that this game is not about cities only. Anyhow, I think most of the "important" cities also are not insignificant in terms of logistics, so I don't really see a problem. Besides, it's still possible to make specific destinations that keep the gameplay interesting. I think there should be mixture of both: Interesting and specific destinations (such as the vineyard in Kutchek's France) and scenery. But map-wise jobs always belong to a city so in my opinion it is not really an either or most of the times.

R730_V8
Donation rank:

03 Mar 2015 22:41

Another city that should be included - in my opinion - is Halle(Saale) as it is a main part of the region of Halle-Leipzig-Leuna - a big industrial area. Also there is a very important German airport (#2 for freight). As I mentioned some days ago I started rebuilding the area around Magdeburg, adding the A14 as well as B71 and B189. I guess I can go on within this week as my last exam for this university term is tomorrow :mrgreen:
If I'm allowed I could probably show some pictures soon. Maybe this could be helpful. :)
Last edited by R730_V8 on 03 Mar 2015 22:41, edited 1 time in total.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

03 Mar 2015 22:41

I'd also love to see Freiburg instead of Karlsruhe, but as I look on the map, Freiburg is very close to Basel. It's still probably a very long time before you guys reach that area, so yeah, it won't bother me that much on what you decide to go with.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information