Game crashes during initial loading process

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
germanicus12
Donation rank:

18 Feb 2024 11:02

I downloaded all Promods files, and several other maps, Rusmap, Road to Asia, Road to Africa, Middle East and The Grand Steppes, including all the road connections required. Unless I missed one. I also downloaded the fixes where necessary. It was a process, and maybe I missed a file or something somewhere, but I double and triple checked all files. Hopefully one of you can help me figure this out. Thanks.

PS I don't know how pastebin works, so I hope adding the link to the game log works. If it doesn't I can try again. Thanks again.

30maes

18 Feb 2024 12:00

Hello there,

Your load order is incorrect. Follow this:

Best Regards,
30maes
Woooo~ Bugs in ProMods are becoming fewer and fewer. ;)

Dark Yellow Team since January 13, 2023
Green Team since July 21, 2023

germanicus12
Donation rank:

19 Feb 2024 01:45

I rearranged it best I could figure out, some mods said "other" and wasn't sure where they went. Another was a mix of two, like AI traffic uses sound and AI so wasn't sure where that went.

But in any case, I started a new profile to test only the promod and other maps with no other mods and it still wouldn't get past the loading screen. FYI I used the load order recommended here: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=293794

Heres the latest game log for the test profile. Had to use a different pastebin site as the file was too big for pastebin. So again if you are having any issue seeing it let me know. Thanks again.

germanicus12
Donation rank:

19 Feb 2024 02:19

Update: I removed all the extra maps and ran only Promods Europe, nothing else. Even downloaded a new def with the map box unticked.

It finally got past the initial loading screen, let me pick a spot to start from and then did the newbie intro, (new profile) then during the final loading process just before I get in my truck it completed the loading process then crashed.

Added in 7 hours 59 minutes 45 seconds:
Nevermind, I think I figured it out. I installed the files incorrectly. Apologies for taking up your time.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information