RECRUITING 3D Modeller !!

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
ScuL
Founder

03 Oct 2013 10:39

Hi

In our search to grow the European map and adding more countries & cities there is one very important part and that is to add new buildings, landmarks and specific sights that make a city "recognisable"!
Our current methods of making & converting models are sluggish and cost us an awful lot of time, 1 day per building or more!
For this reason we are recruiting a 3D artist to become part of the ProMods team!

Skills required:
- intermediate/advanced knowledge of 3DSMax and/or Blender
- knowledge how to effectively poly-reduce high-poly buildings & models from the Google 3D warehouse
- knowledge how to effectively bake textures of single maps (512x512) rather than dozens of separate images
- fluent knowledge of the English language

Please apply below or by e-mail.

Thanks!
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

LOK330

04 Oct 2013 10:15

This is high salary job, because has not more people have covernting skill , :D :D :D :D
So I think 3D Max tools can not bake 512*512 model , So I suggest SCS software create covernting tools to use SketchUp export model to SCS covernting tools
my ultimate dream to see Big Ben, Windsor Castle , Brandenburg Gate , Arc de Triumph in ETS2 map....

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

04 Oct 2013 12:04

First of all there ain't no salary... no idea where that is coming from.

Secondly 3D max can bake 512x512 textures.... what 512*512 models are Im not sure...

Thirdly why should SCS create a tool for that?? It's 3D editing and some people know how it works and others don't... it's not something that SCS should take care of..

And finally it would be cool to see that, will however be pretty impossible :(
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

darkneutron

04 Oct 2013 12:53

I think this guy could maybe interest you, his name is Nikola Kostovski ( https://www.facebook.com/KickBoxerKilla ), he has made trucks, trailers, and other things for Euro Truck Simulator 2, he writes fluently English. :)
Hope this helped something!! :D

LOK330

04 Oct 2013 21:41

Nico wrote:First of all there ain't no salary... no idea where that is coming from.

Secondly 3D max can bake 512x512 textures.... what 512*512 models are Im not sure...

Thirdly why should SCS create a tool for that?? It's 3D editing and some people know how it works and others don't... it's not something that SCS should take care of..

And finally it would be cool to see that, will however be pretty impossible :(
thank for your answer, If SCS Software do not make Big Ben, Windsor Castle , Brandenburg Gate , Arc de Triumph in ETS2 map...., Can you make this builiding in ETS2?????????? but not look like London, Berlin, Koln, and Paris in now, Of course, you have more time to spent .......

LOK330

09 Oct 2013 19:15

ScuL wrote:Hi

In our search to grow the European map and adding more countries & cities there is one very important part and that is to add new buildings, landmarks and specific sights that make a city "recognisable"!
Our current methods of making & converting models are sluggish and cost us an awful lot of time, 1 day per building or more!
For this reason we are recruiting a 3D artist to become part of the ProMods team!

Skills required:
- intermediate/advanced knowledge of 3DSMax and/or Blender
- knowledge how to effectively poly-reduce high-poly buildings & models from the Google 3D warehouse
- knowledge how to effectively bake textures of single maps (512x512) rather than dozens of separate images
- fluent knowledge of the English language

Please apply below or by e-mail.

Thanks!
I suggest invite Schiene join your Promod Team, He must achieve your request, He can make all google 3D warehouse building
and then , he just said he will add more building and scenery in Denmark , Sweden , and Norway, So he can help you....

ScuL
Founder

10 Oct 2013 18:25

Well so far the feedback has been quite disappointing.. we have 10,000 members on this site and 5,000 on the facebook page and not a single person stepped forward.. it seems very hard !!
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

droppy_driver

11 Oct 2013 11:34

I think many people wanne help, but we don't get the knowledge of this program. ;)

Acris86

25 Jan 2014 15:27

Hi,
sorry to bump this thread up - but I think it might be still relevant.
Just found the request and I'd like to know more about this task & introduce myself - but I can't find an email adress of yours (possibly because I haven't posted yet).
I'm interested in contributing to this great mod! I'm working with Blender for some years now, able to do lowpoly-modelling & uv-texturing - But more on that via email!

Anyway, could you please send a PM how I can reach you ? ;)

ScuL
Founder

26 Jan 2014 00:57

Write to us at info - promods.net :)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information