Question about reinstall after each update

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
keem85
Donation rank:

02 Feb 2024 23:19

Hi

Pardon me if this is in the wrong thread

How do you deal with the constant Steam-updates, that often appear not long after after fixing all of your mods in right order and everything.. It's pretty time consuming getting mods up and running, and then a new update drops messing up everything, having to redownload ProMods +++ and all mods in the right order etc.

I'm currently testing out a solution where I copy the current ETS2-version to a new folder, and then when a new update drops, I update. Then I just paste in the old version again, overwriting the updated ETS2 with the old files.. Don't know if that'll work?

Any good tips on how to do this? .bat scripts for copy/replace and such?

ScuL
Founder

03 Feb 2024 12:32

That won't work.

Because Steam does not support pausing updates the only thing you can do is rolling back versions until you have harvested all your mods after the update
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

keem85
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2024 13:04

Ahaa, rolling back in the Steam beta tab? I guess it's just a matter of time before the older versions gets ruled out aswell, and eventually you have to update?
Last edited by bmwGTR on 03 Feb 2024 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, DO NOT quote the post above yours

keem85
Donation rank:

04 Feb 2024 12:05

Sorry for quoting post, didn't know quoting was forbidden here.

Aren't the older versions in BETA tab just time-limited too?

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information