XBox-Controller since update 1.47

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
Caddie2908

15 Apr 2023 09:44

Hello,

A few days ago I was still able to play version 1.46 with my XBox controller (in VR with the beta "oculus_previous - Oculus+OpenVR - 1.46 (SDK 1.4.0)")... In the controller settings I have the Steam Input activated and assigned to the keys in oldbigpicturemode (because in the new big picture mode it doesnt work)

After the automatic update to 1.47 I'm back to the above version 1.46 (because of the mods) and still the controller doesn't work anymore. Does anyone else have the problem or a solution for my favorite game?

Thank you very much
Caddie

--------------------------

Hallo,

vor einigen Tagen habe ich Version 1.46 noch mit meinem XBox-Controller spielen können (in VR mit der Beta "oculus_previous - Oculus+OpenVR - 1.46 (SDK 1.4.0)") ... In dem Controller-Einstellungen habe ich die Steam-Eingabe aktiviert und im oldbigpicturemode die Tasten zugeordnet.

Nach dem automatischen Update auf 1.47 bin ich wieder auf die oben genannte Version 1.46 zurück (wegen der Mods) und dennoch funktioniert der Controller nicht mehr. Hat noch jemand das Problem oder eine Lösung für mein Lieblingsspiel?

Besten Dank
Caddie

Davidstuart1

25 Apr 2023 21:11

Hi Caddie!

I am having exactly the same issue with both the 1.47 update and "oculus_previous - Oculus+OpenVR - 1.4" version, although my issue is with the PS4 compatibility, as opposed to Xbox. I found that switching to the "temporary 1.6" beta fixed the issue.

I hope SCS fix this issue soon so that we are able to use controllers in time for the release of Promods 2.65!

All the best
David
Last edited by Davidstuart1 on 25 Apr 2023 21:13, edited 1 time in total.

Uffetjur

26 Apr 2023 09:55

had same problem earlier, solultion is to eather clean steam folders on your pc or delete all controller related files in the steam library and reinstall steam.
this is not an SCS issue, its a steam issue.
the xbox controller file steam provides gets corrupted.

Caddie2908

27 Apr 2023 10:17

Uffetjur wrote:
26 Apr 2023 09:55
solultion is to eather clean steam folders on your pc or delete all controller related files in the steam library and reinstall steam. this is not an SCS issue, its a steam issue. the xbox controller file steam provides gets corrupted.
the only solution was not to use the big picture mode anymore, because then the controller will be recognized immediately ingame.
but that's also a pity, since multiple assignments of the keys are no longer possible

Uffetjur

28 Apr 2023 11:50

My controller stopped working after the previous update ( 1.46, solution was to clean out all local steam controller files on my PC after that I can use multifunction buttons, perrsonalised settings on my controller works without any problem. Has nothing to do with big picture mode. even if thats the easiest way to personalise your controller.

Delete this local folder:
Steam\steamapps\common\Steam Controller Configs\xxxxx
then restart Steam

rayedshahin

31 Jan 2024 10:56

This Fixed the problem, I can use the controller now
Last edited by 30maes on 31 Jan 2024 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove quote, do not quote the post above yours

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information