Few questions about map editor

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
abibas7331
Donation rank:

25 Dec 2023 17:46

Hi,
I've been using map editor for few days, and i have some problems that maybe you will help me with :D
1. I want to connect a curve, with straight road, the problem is that straight road becomes also curved, how to fix that?
2. How to get more nodes on e.g. road? I know i can press scroll but it splits in half, i want to have it in specific place.
3. How do you connect roads? I mean, do you connect just roads, and then add terrain on sides? Cause i started to make a terrain with fields around already, and now it doesn't always let me connect two road nodes.
4. How about transitions from e.g. One lane road, to two lane road? Are there any special "connectors" in content browser? Or is there option to connect it by messing with nods?

I know this question, with answers are probably somewhere on this website but trust me, i spended a lot of time finding other clues and tips for map editor. For these questions i couldn't find any answer.

Thank you in advance :D
Adrian

ScuL
Founder

25 Dec 2023 22:59

1. select the road node and press alt-X now the node has free rotation and you can adjust the angle as necessary
2. you can't add more nodes other than in the middle (or by manually creating more road segments)
3. road nodes must always be connected red to green (same for prefabs although green to green also works, red to red never works). it is best practice to first lay down the roads and then add terrains because it becomes difficult to change later on
4. that is done via prefabs
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

abibas7331
Donation rank:

26 Dec 2023 02:13

Thank you! That is all i need

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information