ProMods messes up my save

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
keem85
Donation rank:

21 Dec 2023 23:14

Hi guys

ProMods makes it so that I cannot assign buttons. I can assign axis, but no buttons. If I remove all mods, the bug persists, so it actively seems to mess up my entire save.
I tried several times to create new profiles without ProMods, and I could assign buttons fine. But as soon as I added ProMods again, buttons would not assign anymore, and i had to delete the save entirely.
This seems like a major bug that should be looked into. I've never experienced this before with ProMods until the recent one.

Win11
Fanatec DD1
Heusinkveld Sprint
Hotas WARTHOG

ScuL
Founder

21 Dec 2023 23:22

It is technically impossible for any mod to alter save games, in particular controller bindings
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

keem85
Donation rank:

21 Dec 2023 23:25

That wasn't very helpful reply. I tried several times with many saves, and the same thing happened every time. It works fine to assign buttons through and through, until I add ProMods.

Added in 9 minutes 54 seconds:
I made a new .def file without checking the external map-checkmark, and now it works fine. Something's fishy. I think the bug had something todo with that.
Luckily I have backup of my old save.
Last edited by 30maes on 22 Dec 2023 11:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove quote, do not quote the post above yours

ScuL
Founder

21 Dec 2023 23:56

I have been working on this game for the past 12 years and I can tell you with confidence that it is IMPOSSIBLE for any map mod to change controller bindings.
It simply cannot be done. There is no way for any mod to alter controller bindings, there are no configurations or commands that can be implemented to do so. Particularly not in a map mod.

The def file's "external map compatibility" checkbox just adds an extended range of zoom settings so that the map can be scrolled beyond the default limits of the game. There is no other alteration.

If you wish to confirm this then download two def files;
one def file with the checkbox enabled
one def file with the checkbox disabled

Then run a diff on both def files and you will see that only map_data.sii has changed
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

keem85
Donation rank:

22 Dec 2023 19:18

Ok, thank you. I must have overlooked something else, sorry. This was a better answer, which I'm satisfied with, thank you.
I will mess around with my HIDs and see if there are some obscure usb hubs or something else that causes this inconsistency on my end.
Last edited by mads1153 on 23 Dec 2023 02:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't quote the post above your post.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information