def file change?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
A glowstick

09 Dec 2023 21:49

Hallo,
ich hätte da eine kleine Frage:
Wenn man ja ProMods herunterlädt, muss man sich am Anfang eine def-Datei erstellen. Da kann man ja sowas ändern wie die Farbe auf der Karte und so.
Kann ich da die def-Datei neu erstellen, an den Einstellungen daran was ändern und dann neu herunterladen, dann im Mod-Ordner von ETS2 mit der alten def-Datei ersetzen, ohne dass ich den ganzen Mod neu herunterladen muss, oder hängt das Erstellen der def-Datei irgendwie mit dem Herunterladen des Mods zusammen?
(Wow ich hänge hier schon so 10 Minuten und überlege wie ich die Frage formulieren sollte :lol: )

EN:
Hello,
I have a little question:
If you download ProMods, you have to create a def file at the beginning. You can change things like the color on the map and so on.
Can I recreate the def file, change the settings and then download it again, then replace it in the ETS2 mod folder with the old def file without having to download the entire mod again, or does the creation hang? the def file is somehow related to downloading the mod?
(Wow, I've been hanging here for like 10 minutes thinking about how I should phrase the question :lol: )
Last edited by mads1153 on 09 Dec 2023 23:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use English next time and in main forums.

ScuL
Founder

10 Dec 2023 02:05

You can just swap def files, there is no need to download the rest of the mod again
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

A glowstick

10 Dec 2023 11:14

Thanks, sorry for not asking in english btw :sweat_smile:

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information