Content change detected...Every time..

Post here if you are having problems with ProMods in Multiplayer
liamjenner
Donation rank:

27 Sep 2023 11:38

I've been having issues with my ETS 2 save when playing on Truckers MP with pro mods (So I'm unsure who the issue lies with).

When I load the game, everytime, I get a "Content change detected" screen and then when it finally loads it tells me that my save is missing the def file. However, it lists all of the mods I have and one of them in the list is the def file? I've deleted the file and generated a new one from this site but it doesn't seem to have fixed the issue. I still get the same message. When I bypass all of the error messages I never have any issues in game, the only difference is that it asks me where I want to spawn everytime I load the game up...

I've looked at the game logs an there are quite a few entries for: " <ERROR> [unit] The unit '_nameless.1f8.7533.2070' of type 'job_offer_data' has dangling pointer (to 'cargo.word_cargo_2') in the attribute named 'cargo'." but I'm not sure whether this is the issue or how to even resolve this?

I've attached a copy of the file. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/6jk4ro6e ... 7dgrv&dl=0

liamjenner
Donation rank:

27 Sep 2023 12:20

Edit, it says all the mods are missing. But when I click continue anyway the game works fine. Its not just the def file.

ShawnCZek
TruckersMP

27 Sep 2023 13:25

Hello liamjenner,

Based on your description and the game log you have attached, I suspect you are not running the TruckersMP client. The mod manager is disabled in TruckersMP, as modifications are loaded automatically. Also, the error you have highlighted is not an error; you do not have to worry about it.

If the game detects changes on every profile load, there are a few possibilities for this problem:

- The navigation cache could not be saved properly (insufficient disk space/permission error).
- The profile could not be saved properly (the game was not exited without a crash/insufficient disk space/permission error).
- And probably the most likely one; you often change your modifications and/or their order.

If you are just worried about how long it takes for the game to load up a profile after changes have taken place, let the game finish its process, save your profile, and you should not have any issues the next time you launch the game unless you change modifications or you update the game.

I hope this helps you.

Kind regards.

liamjenner
Donation rank:

27 Sep 2023 17:25

Hello,

I always use Truckers MP and rarely play without it. The issue only happens when I play on Truckers MP.

I do not have any other mods in use, other than promods of course. I cannot change the load order for these mods and the only time they would ever be changed is when there is an update to promods. My SSDs have approx 100GB space available each.

I tried loading TMP up in admin mode but this didn't resolve anything, i still got the content change message. I save my profile after every game but still get the message the next time I load up. As an example, I did all of the above after your reply, loaded the game up in TMP (got the message), saved the profile, closed the game. Restarted TMP again and got the same message again?

ShawnCZek
TruckersMP

27 Sep 2023 19:47

Hello again,

Can you please share a game log from your TruckersMP session where you face the problems?
As I mentioned, the last game log you attached is from a session without the TruckersMP client.

Return to “Multiplayer issues ETS2”

• Information