Smart cruise control with zero tolerance fails to work with promods 2.66, works fine in vanilla 1.48

This is where topics get moved that aren't caused by bugs in our mod
notfge

08 Sep 2023 21:45

Hello forum,

I have modified a profile with previously no mods at all and "injected" promods into it. Since then, the smart cruise control does not work, but the thing is, it does not work 98+% of the time... For some reason, sometimes it works again, sporadically.

Game settings:

* smart cruise control enabled , tolerance 0;
* automatic retarder, automatic engine brake;
* truck is a 2021 DAF XG, 530HP, with a 12 speed transmission with retarder.

When on a downslope, when this profile was vanilla, the truck would keep the speed I instructed via the cruise control to the best of its abilities, I would only see up to a 4 kph difference on very severe downslope. But since Promods is installed, I don't even have the sound of the retarder kicking in, and even the engine braking does not kick in (I mean, DAF's engine has a 430 kW engine brake, that is plenty; in fact that is more than the engine power itself).

I have yet to try this with other trucks, but given the symptoms, I am inclined to believe this is a bug.

Have you experienced it as well?

ScuL
Founder

08 Sep 2023 23:24

It seems like an unusual thing because we don't change anything to do with the physics nor the truck
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

notfge

09 Sep 2023 11:36

OK, I've found a stretch of road on which the behaviour is strange: A36 from Mulhouse, towards Dijon, after the first toll you encounter. There are three up/down slopes, CC doesn't work on the first one but does on the other two. It's just as if the slope were miscalculated for the first one?

I'll try and find other stretches of road exhibiting this behaviour.

notfge

10 Sep 2023 15:21

I've found one road where the behaviour appears twice: the E14 between Österund and Trondheim.

The first downslope where this behaviour appears is the one right after Österund, the second one is before the last town you go through before Trondheim (forgot the name, sorry). For each of these, the CC won't maintain the speed.

I've found another one but I didn't note the details unfortunately...

Added in 5 hours 5 minutes 45 seconds:
OK, forget it, the bug was between the keyboard and chair :/

The accelerator pedal on my steering wheel/pedal combo had become sticky :roll:

Return to “Not a bug ETS2”

• Information