[Request/Idea] Pinning the development cycle post as one of the announcement posts

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Seanspeciale

15 Aug 2023 22:02

Back on the 7th(or 8th) of May ,2023, ScuL has posted on Discord server about ProMods' development cycle to inform the development stage of 2.65 where the crews are at:
https://discord.com/channels/6068539087 ... 9422314616

And given that he also created a post that gives us some transparency about the development cycle of ProMods 2.66 after the implementation of ver. 1.48 of ETS2:
viewtopic.php?t=45051

I think it is not unreasonable to transform these announcing posts into a part of the policy (for example, having the post pinned as one of the announcements at the ProMods forum, or other methods that the ProMods crews consider achievable) whenever the ETS2/ ATS got updated (due to new version or new map DLC) and ProMods' new version is being developed to be compatible.

By this ProMods can give a straightforward answer to those who are eagerly interested or asking one of the most frequently asked questions again and again after ETS2's update.

While I agree that it can be another errands to maintain for the crews indeed, the importance of transparency provided by the developer should not be underestimated, and I hope this idea will be considered at your availability.

Thanks and regards,
Seanspeciale

ScuL
Founder

15 Aug 2023 22:50

We are already providing transparency with this information (some members in the team think it is too much transparency) and it seems to make little difference in avoiding the notorious "when is the release date" questions.

I think our main target demographic being young (12 to 18 year old) gamers inherently means that our audience is impatient and does not want to wait.
There is a small percentage of people who are understanding but the relentless hammering about release dates is frustrating and contra-productive for our developers and testers because it makes them feel pressured and rushed.
When humans feel rushed they are bound to make mistakes under pressure, resulting in a less than perfect product, which is not what we want.

I decided to post the release cycle since version 2.65 to give some insight as to how we work.
We set absolutely nothing in stone for future dates, we complete the milestones as they come along and when the mod is stable enough is the day we will release it.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Seanspeciale

15 Aug 2023 23:39

I am sorry to hear that the situation did not change much even though you have provided us some of the insights of the development cycle, the thoughts of why some of you crews would think that the development cycle post is providing too much transparency and serves little purpose is understandable as the hammering for "new version when" does not halt (mainly in Discord server I guess) indeed.

And I would like to apologise if I might have over-complicated the post above and didn't deliver the idea clearly:
Hopefully, you crews would consider pinning the development cycle post as one of the announcement, so that it can be tracked more easily as it is currently being flooded among the development threads of other regions.

(As well as updating it accordingly, if the differing opinion among the crews is persuaded into a stage that it can be considered a part of the development schedule)

My apologies if the my rough idea differs from the actual situation among the crews and caused unnecessary disputes among you guys.

Thanks for the reply and reading, take care and carry on.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information