Would It be better to by Intel Core i5-11400 or Intel Core i5-11400F?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
hsaskbb

06 Jun 2023 11:30

I am really confused at the moment between the two processor i know the F sereis deosnt have on board but not sure about the one without suffix both have same specs to point in processing, thread and core so why have to with different names can somebody explain before i purchase the processsor or would it be better to buy one with G in its name, i am looking at specs on this page

https://etechsolution.com.pk/product/in ... processor/

syrax

10 Jun 2023 12:05

Hey there! I totally understand your confusion about the processors with different naming conventions. The processors with the "F" suffix indeed lack integrated graphics, while the ones without any suffix typically come with integrated graphics. The reason for having different names is to differentiate between the two versions and provide options based on users' specific needs.

If you're planning to use a dedicated graphics card, opting for the processor without the "F" suffix should be fine since you won't rely on integrated graphics. However, if you don't plan to use a dedicated graphics card, it's recommended to go for a processor with the "G" suffix as it includes integrated graphics, which can come in handy for regular computing tasks and light gaming without the need for a separate GPU.

Ultimately, your decision should depend on your specific requirements and budget. Reviewing the specs on the page you mentioned and considering your usage scenario will help you make an informed choice. Good luck with your processor purchase!

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information