UK - 50 mph speed limits on motorways

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
lightswitchr

30 Dec 2022 20:11

May I please gain some consensus to request that the 50 mph speed limit sections that appear on the UK motorways be removed?

These don't occur in real life, (except perhaps variable speed limits, but these would be displayed on the overhead signs and enforced by cameras on the gantries, and not at fixed points on the motorways).
They seem to serve no purpose - there's usually no reason why a fixed 50mph section would be in that place on the motorway.

You'll never see a GATSO style camera on a UK motorway, like we do in ETS2.
I'm also pretty sure no other country in ETS2/ProMods has similar speed limits with a speed camera on a motorway, so why we have them on the UK roads I have no idea.

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

31 Dec 2022 17:22

Agreed, although to be fair a lot of the UK needs a massive overhaul. I’m guessing promods aren’t concentrating here as hopefully SCS will be working here after Switzerland as it is by far the oldest part of the map now.

suvvers2003
Donation rank:

02 Jan 2023 00:30

I've often thought about this. I know for a fact that the 50 MPH speed limits on the M6 between the A14 and appears to be the game's rendition of Corley Services, as well as the one between Birmingham and where Stoke On Trent should be don't exist in real life. They really do need to be taken out.

Jopari12

02 Jan 2023 18:21

Andy_GTI wrote:
Agreed, although to be fair a lot of the UK needs a massive overhaul. I’m guessing promods aren’t concentrating here as hopefully SCS will be working here after Switzerland as it is by far the oldest part of the map now.
I am fairly new to promods, and as much as I am impressed at the expansion of it, the uk issues have been somewhat funny to me. For example the road marked as the a140 is very much more in line with the a11

ScuL
Founder

03 Jan 2023 09:37

The UK map was created in 2008 for the game UK Truck Simulator that was released in 2010. Therefore it is approximately 14 years old and it shows.
There are many odd quirks about the UK (such as the scale difference vs the rest of the map) but because the area is so large it takes a lot of time to rebuild it, and to make things worse we only have 2 developers working on the UK right now.

It's definitely a fair request to have these "average speed limit" zones removed, because I believe that was originally what SCS intended them to be.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

suvvers2003
Donation rank:

08 Jan 2023 18:15

Jopari12 wrote:
02 Jan 2023 18:21
Andy_GTI wrote:
I am fairly new to promods, and as much as I am impressed at the expansion of it, the uk issues have been somewhat funny to me. For example the road marked as the a140 is very much more in line with the a11
The alignment may be out slightly because of the restrictions and limitations of the game, but it's definitely the A140. If you look at it's junction with the A14, it's all but identical to the real life J51 of the A14 at Needham Market. And going north in the game towards Norwich, there are two roundabouts with a services in between them. This is Scole services and is there in real life. There are many things that are similar but not quite identical to real life but that's down to the limits of what the game can handle.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information