Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
realdeal350
Developer

23 Nov 2022 00:54

koxsuser wrote:
21 Nov 2022 09:59
Are there any plans to adaptate cities from older ProMods versions that you have included to the newest version PM to Iberia DLC quality?
Yes this is the goal eventually, but it will take time
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

tantalus

23 Nov 2022 18:04

ccm138 wrote:
22 Nov 2022 23:33
I can drive through Zaragoza and Valencia, with 100% performance, and maximum graphics.
Maybe can be your computer, try to start the game in the safe mod, and later you can slowly upload the graphics.
There we go. There must be always someone saying that its "my" problem. DUDE, clean profile, only promods. Zaragoza is completely broken, same as Valencia and i dont want to drive throug others. And in the gamelog, that i will post the next time (to show people that indeed its completely messed up because apparently its the only way people actually take things seriously) you can clearly see dozens of RED error lines showing "promods". So yeah, its promods dude, please stop being so patronizing because its getting old. If you dont have a clue how to read the console, its your fault, not mine. And i dont think im using more than one version of promods lol, because there is only one, dude.

But its ok, by now i should be used to modders just avoiding polishing and fixing, and other people saying that it works perfectly fine, when obviously it doesnt. Honestly at this point im tired. Its always the same story. Im sorry but as long as promods spain is lagging as hell, i would prefer NOTHING at all. I understand people love to drive in terrible framerate conditions as long as they have millions of new stuff to play with, but some of us dont want that. We will prefer more polishing instead more stuff.

So, ok. At least, modders, allow as to CHOSE between spain promods or just vanilla, because now, either we remove promods completely to be able to play in Spain, or we avoid Spain at all costs.

And for modders: its not "some" errors.. there are almost hundreds of them. In the moment they pile up, the performance starts degrading exponentially. Thats how it works. It doesnt matter if those errors are insignificant (or whatever excuse you want to tell), if you have 100 of them, the performance suffers a lot. Why modders dont understand this? escapes me. Always the same, sigh.

"Pro"mods? dont make me laugh. Not at this point, sorry. Keeping in mind you guys release a new version every, i dont know almost a year?? these things shouldnt happen, at all. There is no excuse for that, sorry.

Added in 11 minutes 57 seconds:
ScuL wrote:
22 Nov 2022 23:41
There are some console errors relating to models and trajectories that have been changed by SCS since the last time these areas were part of the mod. This is quite a regular/normal occurrence and those errors will be updated/improved upon the next release.
If you have any understanding of what effort goes into maintaining a mod pack that is almost 10GB with the time pressure and the hot breath of the community to get a compatible version within a few days of the 1.46 release then you will understand it is impossible to create a release that is entirely error free.
Of course, the typical excuse to say "if we release something broken, its not our fault, it is just we dont have enough time". Seriously??? time pressure? what the.... dude, if you guys cant release new stuff in time, DONT, plain and simple. Focus your efforts on polishing and optimizing. I mean, its not too hard to do that, right?? sigh. Stop blaming the community and what not. I cant believe i need to read certain things... amazing.

And dude, sure, im ok with a couple of errors, or even a dozen!! if cant be avoided. As long as it doesnt impact the performance in such manner. But hundred of errors??? that makes impossible to drive to that part of the city in any conditions???? dude, im sorry. Thats not acceptable, plain and simple. We are playing >PRO<mods because of reasons. If you guys are going to release prmods spain in this way, i prefer to have NOTHING at all. At least i would be able to drive without looking a slideshow.

I know im gonna earn a bann for this post, but i just dont understand. Specially after so many years... things like this happening.. are not acceptable.

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

23 Nov 2022 19:14

There's a difference between an area having bad optimisation and you getting poor performance in an area. What's the TC, DC etc like in Zaragoza? Looking around myself, I can't see any massive spikes, so if you think there are some, show us. It is fatuous for you to just say the cities are "broken". Yes there are errors in the console due to the age of this merged section, but these mainly don't have an impact in the game and we are looking to fix any errors as we go forward, as ScuL said. We could have completely reskinned every single road and city from our merged content, correcting errors in the process but that would have further delayed an already highly anticipated and long-running project.

It is also disingenuous to state we don't polish and fix things. We have a huge map to maintain and the developers & testers do as much as they can, but we can't locate and fix every bug before releasing otherwise the map would not be released for months - and that's without considering new content and possible issues created by game updates. A lot of decisions and work goes on in a whole release cycle and bug fixing is a big part of that. It was disappointing that some major bugs were not spotted before the release but that is something we need to address between developers and testers going forward.

If you want to give us feedback and constructive criticism, then you're welcome too in this topic. In addition, bugs can be reported in the relevant subforum and we will get around to them. Remember we're all volunteers and this is a hobby.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

ScuL
Founder

23 Nov 2022 20:14

tantalus wrote:
23 Nov 2022 18:16
There must be always someone saying that its "my" problem. DUDE, clean profile, only promods. Zaragoza is completely broken, same as Valencia and i dont want to drive throug others. And in the gamelog, that i will post the next time (to show people that indeed its completely messed up because apparently its the only way people actually take things seriously) you can clearly see dozens of RED error lines showing "promods".
Yes it is your problem. Zaragoza and Valencia are not broken. Press F11 and share some console coordinates of these supposedly "badly optimised" areas. If you are using AI & truck packs they will also contribute to TC and DC levels. All new areas that we release are always tested to ensure that TC and DC are within our tolerance limits.
You can also provide evidence of the "red errors" in the log because we aren't aware of any. There are yellow lines related to trajectories (which are not game breaking and will be updated) and some model mismatches, which again have no impact on the player experience.
Im sorry but as long as promods spain is lagging as hell,
Sorry but this really is a local problem. Literally thousands of other players have no problems.
if you have 100 of them, the performance suffers a lot. Why modders dont understand this? escapes me. Always the same, sigh.
Because that is simply not true.
"Pro"mods? dont make me laugh. Not at this point, sorry. Keeping in mind you guys release a new version every,
Feel free to leave if you don't like what we do, you won't be missed.
Added in 11 minutes 57 seconds:
Seriously??? time pressure? what the.... dude, if you guys cant release new stuff in time, DONT, plain and simple.
You try and live with hundreds of messages on social media, discord, email that demand a new update within 24 hours of the game upgrading to a new version. Players simply will not tolerate us testing and polishing for months.

As long as it doesnt impact the performance in such manner. But hundred of errors???
There aren't "hundreds of errors".
i prefer to have NOTHING at all.
Fine your decision.
I know im gonna earn a bann for this post, but i just dont understand.
We don't ban for voicing an opinion. You have a right to comment but you simply don't seem to understand the reality of producing a large mod pack like this.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

MarutaBeibi

24 Nov 2022 03:06

I don't know if I am at the right place to ask this... so I apologize in advance but are there any plans to add Palma de Mallorca as well? This island is part of Spain so... I guess it could be a part of the Iberian map as well, even tho, geographically speaking, is not since Iberia is just the Peninsula itself. But it would be awesome to have access to the other islands besides Malta, Cyprus, Corse, and Sardegna Islands.
Last edited by MarutaBeibi on 07 Dec 2022 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

Nectaria Coutayar
Donation rank:

24 Nov 2022 08:46

As they did other small islands, I think it's definitely in the realm of possibilities but I have no idea on feasibility or priority.
lvl 209 - 912000km - Scania R730 - 61% map coverage

el_guija

25 Nov 2022 13:11

tantalus wrote:
23 Nov 2022 18:16

There we go. There must be always someone saying that its "my" problem. DUDE, clean profile, only promods. Zaragoza is completely broken, same as Valencia and i dont want to drive throug others. And in the gamelog, that i will post the next time (to show people that indeed its completely messed up because apparently its the only way people actually take things seriously) you can clearly see dozens of RED error lines showing "promods". So yeah, its promods dude, please stop being so patronizing because its getting old. If you dont have a clue how to read the console, its your fault, not mine. And i dont think im using more than one version of promods lol, because there is only one, dude.
I have nothing to lose or win here, and I don't have any connection with any Promod member or modder, but I just drive through Zaragoza, taking a rest on the Volvo Truck Dealer, and crossing the city through the Expo area and the performance has been the same as any other area in the map, in Promods or Vanilla. If the FPS has dropped, I didn't notice, or at least it wasn't significant to make the game experience bad. I have some frame drop in other situations (Promods and Vanilla), but in Zaragoza, it went totally alright. And I also use mods like SiS mods for trailers, traffic, real companies...

In my case I play in a i5 12400 32GB of RAM, SSD HD and a Radeon Rx 570 with 8GB , this information is just to let you compare specs, in case it's the problem.

Sythendrius
Donation rank:

27 Nov 2022 03:02

Well, I would like to congratulate you guys on the awesome work you did on Iberia.
Unlike some entitled folks, I'm loving the new content, without a single performance issue so far.
I'm really thankful for the hard work you guys put for this community, even for those who won't relent.

Cheers

realdeal350
Developer

27 Nov 2022 09:05

MarutaBeibi wrote:
24 Nov 2022 03:06
I don't know if I am at the right place to ask this... so I apologize in advance but are there any plans to add Palma de Mallorca as well? This island is part of the spain so... I guess it could be a part of the Iberian map as well, even tho, geographic speaking, is not since Iberia is just the Peninsula itself. But it would be awesome to have acces on the other islands besides Malta, Ciprus, Corse and Sardegna Islands.
Yes there are plans to add Mallorca eventually, but not for a long time
Sythendrius wrote:
27 Nov 2022 03:02
Well, I would like to congratulate you guys on the awesome work you did on Iberia.
Unlike some entitled folks, I'm loving the new content, without a single performance issue so far.
I'm really thankful for the hard work you guys put for this community, even for those who won't relent.

Cheers
On behalf of the team, thanks a lot for your kind words! :)
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Louno Trucker

27 Nov 2022 14:09

Hello, do you plan to rebuild Bercelona and the AP-7 to Valencia?
Promods user since 2018

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information