Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Shiva

10 Sep 2022 19:08

Nice work!
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

EdgeGladiator

10 Sep 2022 19:26

Great work, looking foward. ;)
Denik06 wrote:
10 Sep 2022 19:00
Are there plans to add Llivia?
Look at France edition thread.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Themagicgoat

10 Sep 2022 21:41

Will the entire a-23 be reworked or just the part in the pyrenees?
Nice work btw

LudoDiabolo
Donation rank:

11 Sep 2022 08:24

Wonderful work, good luck with your further development.
ETS2 1.48 : Promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS
ATS 1.48 : Promods Canada

el_guija

14 Sep 2022 14:43

IvanGF14 wrote:
10 Sep 2022 18:50
Well, It's time for another update on the A-23 highway :D .

This time you will have the oportunity to see the other side of the mountain pass. Here the area has been rebuilt almost from scracht, just keeping some bits of the old N-330, which you can still see from the new highway.
<Removed images from quote>
Take into consideration that the area is still work in progress and some things may be subject to change or there may be some details missing.
Wow! The real world road is impressive, can't wait to drive it on ETS2, great work!
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 14 Sep 2022 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't quote images.

CCMGAMER02
Donation rank:

17 Sep 2022 23:25

Hi, are there plans to add Zamora or Benavente?

ErdaradunGaztea

28 Sep 2022 13:31

I've noticed that there are few bilingual signs on AP-1 in Basque region. I think there are more of them in real life (especially city names: San Sebastian - Gazteiz, Pamplona - Iruna, etc.). Is that a leftover from SCS merge or are they supposed to be like that?

el_guija

03 Oct 2022 15:03

compat.php?game=ets

If I am not wrong, there is nothing from ProMods right now on Iberia (Spain).
Last edited by mads1153 on 03 Oct 2022 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't qoute the post above your post.

Pepitoria

10 Oct 2022 16:54

ahora mismo no hay nada de nada. Llevan tiempo mostrando fotos, pero no ha llegado al juego. Ojalá este año.

right now there is nothing at all. They have been showing photos for some time, but it has not reached the game. Hopefully this year.

realdeal350
Developer

01 Nov 2022 02:39

G'day everyone!
It's been quite some time since the last developer post in this thread, and even longer since I've last posted, so I thought that it was finally time to give an update on progress in Spain.
  • What is being worked on currently?
    Since the release of the Iberia DLC, most work in Spain has focused on merging back parts of ProMods Spain. This has been a very large task as we've brought back a large portion of our Spain, and hence multiple connecting roads to SCS Spain have needed to be rebuilt or created from scratch. Some of our work has also been improved, as IvanGF14 has shown you with the A-23 rework and Qixiwi with the N-330 rebuild.
  • Why has progress taken so long and why have there been almost no posts about the Iberia merge?
    To keep it simple, some ProMods developers, myself included, have been very busy in our real lives and we often go a long time without mapping. As for me, mapping has not been a priority in my life, so I haven't been able to spend much time mapping over the past year or so. Not many posts have been published about the Iberia merge because progress has been so slow, and a lot of the connections don't merit their own post. The Iberia merge also has not been a very high priority in the entire ProMods project until recently.
So, one thing I'm sure you're all wondering is; what will the Iberia merge be like? Much of ProMods Spain has been brought back into the mod, especially our newer areas such as Ciudad Real. Areas that have not been brought back include the oldest and most outdated parts of ProMods Spain, mainly Bilbao and Barcelona, because they are very outdated and SCS's versions of those cities are much better. Most of ProMods Spain that has been merged is still in its original condition, but once the merge is released, it will be a priority to refresh these areas with newer assets, and then continue to add more roads and cities to the map.
Here is a list of all cities which have been merged back:
  • Canfranc-Estación
  • Ciudad Real
  • Contreras
  • Huesca
  • Jaca
  • La Jonquera
  • Pamplona
  • Soria
  • Teruel
  • Valencia
  • Zaragoza
And finally, some photos of the new connecting roads!
A-2: Madrid - A-15 junction. Developers: IvanGF14, Omicron, Qixiwi, Tedesco

AP-2: Zaragoza - Lleida. Developer: realdeal350

A-3: Madrid - A-31/A-43 junction. Developer: realdeal350

A-4: Despeñaperros Pass. Developer: fisherjb

N-121-A: Pamplona - Irún. Developer: realdeal350

PA-30: Pamplona. Developer: realdeal350

While ProMods Zaragoza has been merged, we've also included SCS's Zaragoza airport precinct! Developer: xxsamdu93xx

Special thanks also to Dawid2849, flintstone73, MandelSoft, Plum and scan720 for helping with the project :)
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information