[Central] Free download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Foobrother

20 Aug 2022 13:50

Hi
Something is not working properly with the download system. I had 2 simultaneous downloads which ended correctly. A few minutes later I tried to start another one but got blocked as if I was trying to do a 3rd simultaneous download. Now I have wait god knows how many hours and did nothing wrong :-(

MrNexusGR

23 Aug 2022 16:27

I'm trying to download Europe Promods and I got done with 1 and 2 file and when I tried to download 3 and 4 it said i'm blocked but I didn't do anything

anmeldekacke

24 Aug 2022 11:34

Hi ProMods Team!

At first: I love the work you are doing for years! This is incredible and its for free! I would gladly pay the accelerated download, but I don´t have Paypal and I won´t. But that´s an other story and it´s quite of my own problem.

In the past, when the server load was light I think, the server sometimes granted more than 2 downloads at a time. So I always tried and sometimes it worked, sometimes not. I thought it´s OK if the server allows it. I did neither want to exploit the system nor your generosity. I didn´t know that this would upset you. Sorry.
When the server denied a 3rd request I had to wait until one download has ended to continue with the the next one. You try and the server says "No!". This is totally OK!
But beeing blocked is like a little punishment. And I don´t understand why this has to be? The server could just deny my 3rd request. For a user it feels quite harsh to be blocked. I´ts just a feeling, but it still is a feeling...

Plus it would be nice to be at least told how long one will be blocked.

Just my 2 cent,
with kind regards, Lenny

Waleran

24 Aug 2022 19:08

I also got blocked, for no apparent reason. I know the limit is 2 files. A couple minutes after my first 2 files downloaded, I came back to my computer and clicked on the next 2 files. I got blocked. I'd say something just isn't working properly.

EDIT:
I had the same stupid issue when I tried again, a bit later on in the evening, (using the stock Edge browser, in order to eliminate any extensions I might have on ffx). I clicked on 2 download links - one started downloading, the other gave me the same error message. Something isn't right. Please look into the issue.

EDIT 2:
This morning I tried downloading another 2 files. Nothing else. One started downloading, the other gave me an error message (blocked again).

vForGeralt

25 Aug 2022 12:44

i am so frustrated at this nonsense. i cannot pay the 1 euro cuz paypal is blocked in my country and i have to deal with this "Sorry! You've been blocked." message. I am not using any download manager, i am not using any download accelerator, i am only doıwnloading files one by one AND I STILL GET THE SAME MESSAGE. I JUST WANT TO DOWNLOAD 1 MOD AND PLAY THE GAME BUT YOUR USELESS SYSTEM DOESN'T LET ME XD

meowmeownw

30 Aug 2022 14:27

I understand that if you download 2 at a time you get blocked (for no reason) but my 2 downloads had finished and went to download another 2 and got blocked. Please help me understand.

Josh0

30 Aug 2022 20:22

It depends on several things, not just the number of downloads that you have in progress. See this: Free Download FAQ's

The most common cause is using Google Chrome web browser (or some browser based on Chromium), these browsers have been known to open multiple connections while downloading files thereby making our site think that you are trying to download too much at one time.

Danculovic012

07 Sep 2022 16:47

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to download ProMods but it says that I have been blocked for a few hours because I was using download accelerator. I must complain because I didn't use any kind of acceleration or similar stuff, is there any chance to download it or someone from the ProMods team is cheating and trying to force us into paying 1€?

ScuL
Founder

08 Sep 2022 06:31

I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

mrlolba
Donation rank:

11 Sep 2022 11:19

I'm having a really frustrating issue using the free download option.
When I download 2 files at the same time, the second file is downloading at 900 Kb/s instead of the 300 Kb/s that the first file is capped at.
Because of this, I keep getting blocked for a few hours for breaking the rules. It must think I'm using some kind of download accelerator, even though I don't even know what that is.

In a few hours when my block expires, I will try to download only 1 file at a time, but if someone experienced this and know of a fix, I will be grateful.

Update: After downloading only 1 file at the time, the second file was still at 900 Kb/s. So then I started another download, and they are both at 900 Kb/s. So what was supposed to take around 1 hour, will instead take 5 hours. :(

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information