[REL] BG+ (Bulgaria+) v1.0 (1.46)

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
Truckingfun9810
Donation rank:

20 May 2022 09:05

Congratulations for the release. The map looks pretty good so far :) :)

olaf28

20 May 2022 11:19

Congrats :)
Time to move the topic ;)
TerraMaps Administration, COO
Red Sea Map I Caribbean Map | Road to Asia Map | Corfu Map I Pacific Map
https://terramaps.net/forum/
https://www.facebook.com/TerraMapsOfficial

Proc: i7-9750H 2,6 GHz (max. 4,5 GHz)
Mem: 16GB
Grap: ASUS ROG -STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING 6 GB GDDR6

EdgeGladiator

21 May 2022 11:49

Nice, ready to test it.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

OMNI du 31
Developer

06 Jun 2022 17:11

Good afternoon everyone,

You may have noticed that I also added regional signs on I-2 like in the image below in the previous version.

As I was already planning while I was making the previous version, I have started a complete sign rework all over Bulgaria and in addition, to add some missing signs in order to increase the realism a bit. In addition, with the sign rework, I am convinced that this will provide me the opportunity to get to know the entire country both in game and in real life. Hence, to make the ideas I have in mind more concrete. Especially when it comes to what could be done and what couldn't... Here, you can see some examples.

I must confess that signs are neither my specialty nor my favourite part in mapping. However, I must also admit that I love how they add up to realism with only a small retouch. Which can clearly be noticed if you take a look at my small work in Ruse below:

After all these experiences, I have decided to rework signs on motorways in the first place. The reason for that is simply, they are the easiest to spot on Google Maps. After finishing motorways, I will switch to national roads and in the end, I will switch to cities. So far, I have finished the sign rework on A2 and A4. From here, I will keep up with reworking signs on A1 which is the longest motorway.

After a long consideration of the introduction of the mileage target feature in 1.44, I have come into conclusion that the most optimal solution is to apply it for the cities that are only present in the game and to keep up with real life mileage for the cities that aren't present in the game. I.e. - towns that are only mentioned on signs and scenery towns. Thankfully, I haven't encounter any illogical stuff in this approach, so far.

Last but not least, I have also learned how to make my own popups in game. Adding regional popups for Bulgaria has also been one of my personal wishes which you can see the examples from my first ever test. But in all likelihood, I will not abuse them and keep them only for regions present.

Wish me luck and see you next time! :D
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

emhogg

06 Jun 2022 22:51

Wow I am genuinely impressed by the work and time you put in the game. I had started a map of my own and finished the city of Yambol and a tiny bit of the E871 from Burgas up to I-795 and recently started work in Asenovgrad... Basically all of my progress interferes with your map so I have kind of given up now 🥲

OMNI du 31
Developer

07 Jun 2022 13:41

A quick reminder just in case,

It works with ProMods 2.61. Just, do not forget to place it above ProMods files (which is, to be honest, only for the sake of the AI license plates)

@emhogg Please consult your message box :)
Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

jackalnxt

07 Jun 2022 18:43

Very cool project. I've been to Shumen before and can recognize several areas of it, especially that initial roundabout (and all those turns on which I got lost once IRL :D). Kinda shame that there will be no room for the Rish pass, but scale doesn't allow for more sadly.

Shiva

07 Jun 2022 20:03

jackalnxt, yeah, sadly no room for the Rish Pass.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

OMNI du 31
Developer

12 Jun 2022 12:19

Good morning everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank you for 1.1k downloads on TruckyMods! I definitely never expected to get such an interest.

The work goes on. This week, I could manage to finish most of the sign rework on A1 including interchanges between Burgas and Plovdiv. Even, with special thanks to Omicron for clearly and briefly explaining the FontGen, I could manage to add regular Arial font in the editor. From now on, the only thing required on A1 is to take another look and see if there are signs which I can do better. Now, it is time to pass to I-7 and I-64. After that, probably I-55 and I-9. Here are some images from this week's progress.

My personal wish is also being able to add the signs below one day. Because they are basically everywhere. On that, I'll see what I can do. Probably Blender would be required on that one. But in all likelihood, it is always the best not to jump the gun and to take one step at a time.

Yellow ranger since 2.60
Developer since 2.63

Mooner_37
Donation rank:

12 Jun 2022 13:11

Nice signs :)
ETS2 / ATS

Current Headquarters: Liège, Berlin, L.A. Luxemburg, Seattle
Current Trucks: ETS2: 15 ATS: 2
Driving Truck: ETS2: DAF XF ATS: Peterbilt 579
Current Mileage: ETS2: 462,317 km (287,270.46 miles) - ATS: 329,972 km (205,035 miles)
Level: ETS2: 65 - ATS: 48

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information