"failed to serialize the map/cached read - read request too big" (Map Editor problems)

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
digitalxak

29 May 2022 00:41

I have been trying to help a user recover from a consistent error when using the map editor, recently they have been getting the message "failed to serialize the map" when saving.

I've been on the SCS Forums, in a few Discord servers and running out of places to ask now. I have looked for solutions but cannot find a solid one.

Here's the last editor.log they sent:

A very common error occuring in this log is: <ERROR> [fs] cached read - read request too big. I have no idea what this refers too, it's the first time I've seen it.

They have tried:

Reinstalling the game.
Verifying the game files.
Deleting the ATS Documents folder to generate a new one.
Deleting the aforementioned .aux files and rebuilding the map.
Rebuilding the map generally.

May be more but I have forgotten.

Regarding the sign errors, those are my signs but we're trying to sort out def files too. The signs work it's just def files atm.

Josh0

29 May 2022 01:52

At first glance I would say that you don't need any of the following parameters while using the map editor:
  • -mm_pool_size 8000 -mm_max_resource_size 32 -mm_max_tmp_buffers_size 1000
Because it seems you are requesting an 8GB loading buffer but you had a little more than 6GB of free RAM when the editor was started.

digitalxak

29 May 2022 13:10

This isn't mine it's for someoneon else. I'll pass that on thanks, They use those parameters that I suggested in the wrong place.

Edit: They removed that line it's still crashing with the serialize error.

jonesy-91
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2022 10:14

@digitalxak, did you ever get the issue resolved? As I’m having the same problem. Asked on discord and forums but no one ever replies
Thanks
Apologies to ping an old thread up

Return to “Non-ProMods ATS problems”

• Information