Railroad Crossing Enhancement Mod

Other ATS mods that don't fit in any other category
KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

13 Apr 2022 14:41

I just turned loose a new mod onto the Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2793720672
This should take care of some long standing requests from the community regarding the railroad crossing traffic control devices.
I made this using the SCS original models as a base and combining the gate from the "co_lamp_gate" asset.
These are replacement models for existing items in the game. No new map assets have been provided.

Description of the changes made by this mod:
  • Added additional crossbuck signs on the overhead gantries that are used at railroad crossings
  • Restored the 1 Track signage to the crossing gate and gantry models for crossings involving only 1 railroad track
  • The large European-style horizontal red/white striped gates have been replaced with smaller 45° diagonal striped gates
  • A retroreflective texture shader has been applied to the stripes on the gates and sign faces so they show up better at night in the player's headlights
  • The round yellow "Railroad Crossing Ahead" sign has been redesigned to be reflective in the player's headlights at night
  • Additional lights have been added to the gate arms (steady light at the tips and alternating flashing lights in the middle of the gates)
  • Fixed the ladders on the gantries to stop near the top of the catwalk grating instead of at the top of the structures
  • Added shadow geometry to the 1 Track railroad crossing gantry model (it originally had none!)
  • Made the posts thicker on the rural railroad crossing signs that feature yield/stop signs (No one uses a 2x4 for a post!)
Credits:
- SCS Software for the creation of the original models/textures
- Krys Emlyn (me) for modifying the models in Blender and assembling this mod

I realize this may not be the correct category for this mod as it doesn't supply new map assets for map makers, but it seemed to be the best category for something like this.
Plus, the "Other" category of mods on this forum is rather crowded.

Some screenshots of the mod's changes:

Return to “ATS Misc. mods”

• Information