PM 2.60 Road Connections (the end)

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
khkcon
Donation rank:

26 Dec 2021 09:09

Hello from Switzerland.

Is it planned from PM oder anybody else to create Road Connections between the Maps of Arayas (Romania Extended) and Sergej (RusMap)?
I just heard that they have stopped the support of MapCombos based on PM.

Greetings
Last edited by khkcon on 29 Dec 2021 10:38, edited 2 times in total.

hungarian mafioso

26 Dec 2021 09:50

As for Rusmap,Promods team is currently trying to repair annold road connection which they made all the way back for 1.34 and for Roextended, Aryas is making a poll on whether he should continue or not

Marxt1
Donation rank:

26 Dec 2021 11:41

This is to support khkcon´s request. It would be great if road connections are produced between the major and best ETS2 modding community maps. All you legendary map creators contribute tremendously to the ETS2 experience and being able to use these maps in one combo would be tremendous added value. I hope you Promods, RoEx and Rusmap developers can figure it out. From my point of view, the maps you produce are amazing, and the amount of time and effort you invest is highly appreciated and difficult to imagine. If you could make your maps complementary and connectable then that would be a win-win for the entire ETS2 community. Anything else will just be everybody´s loss I guess.

orestescm76
Donation rank:

26 Dec 2021 12:33

promods is talking with rusmap creator to discuss the connections

Shiva

26 Dec 2021 13:45

When checking Roextended page, there is an EULA.
https://roextended.ro/legal.html
You are not permitted to:

- Edit, alter, modify, adapt, translate or otherwise change the whole or any part of the add-on nor permit the whole or any part of the add-on to be combined with or become incorporated in any other add-on, nor decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the add-on or attempt to do any such things
So that would mean the following.
Only Roextended will or will not make road connections to other maps. No one else are allowed to make road connections to Roextended.

So we will have to wait for Roextended to make road connections to RusMap and maybe ProMods.
And to other maps too.

Was it this year, or further past, that I read that Roextended areas are not to be overwritten by other map combos? Or something similar atleast.

Regarding ProMods / RusMap road connections, before ETS2 1.43, I did like that there were 2 road connections. One with ProMods old Murmansk, another with RusMaps Murmansk.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Frate
Donation rank:

27 Dec 2021 19:13

Promods once made a road connection to Roex but Arayas didn´t like it because it overwrote parts of Roex Ukraine. He said it was disrespectful towards his work he did in Ukraine. At the same time his roadconnection overwrite Promods-Ukraine.
That is the best way to describe how this guy thinks.

brainiac
Donation rank:

27 Dec 2021 20:28

Shiva wrote:
26 Dec 2021 13:45
When checking Roextended page, there is an EULA.
https://roextended.ro/legal.html
You are not permitted to:

- Edit, alter, modify, adapt, translate or otherwise change the whole or any part of the add-on nor permit the whole or any part of the add-on to be combined with or become incorporated in any other add-on, nor decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the add-on or attempt to do any such things
So that would mean the following.
Only Roextended will or will not make road connections to other maps. No one else are allowed to make road connections to Roextended.

So we will have to wait for Roextended to make road connections to RusMap and maybe ProMods.
And to other maps too.

Was it this year, or further past, that I read that Roextended areas are not to be overwritten by other map combos? Or something similar atleast.

Regarding ProMods / RusMap road connections, before ETS2 1.43, I did like that there were 2 road connections. One with ProMods old Murmansk, another with RusMaps Murmansk.
Don't listen to them. You can mod whatever as long as you require base-files (e.g. you can edit anything about Promods if your mod requires Promods files).
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Shiva

27 Dec 2021 22:17

brainiac, I wrote about Roextended and their EULA.
ProMods, yeah I know that.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Rorschach_

28 Dec 2021 11:00

Frate wrote:
27 Dec 2021 19:13
Promods once made a road connection to Roex but Arayas didn´t like it because it overwrote parts of Roex Ukraine. He said it was disrespectful towards his work he did in Ukraine. At the same time his roadconnection overwrite Promods-Ukraine.
That is the best way to describe how this guy thinks.
Yes, of course. You just forgot about the fact that ProMods stayed away from Ukrainian territory for a very long time. The moment the RoEx team got down to Ukraine and did a good job, ProMods thought it would be cultural to do their own thing there. For what? Why pursue disputes?
And I don't blame Arayas at all. The ProMods team doesn't respect his work.
The whole situation is worth thinking about.
Spokój Wodza.

twozoom2
Donation rank:

28 Dec 2021 17:54

PM260_RM2.43.1_connect_vRusMap has been updated.
안녕하세요 :D

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information