Need Help Placing Specific Trailers (Stock or Mod) in Map Edits

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
DoubleG01

09 Sep 2021 20:42

Hello,

My apologies in advance if my knowledge is a little lacking in some areas, most of my "modding" experience is in skinning and just now getting started with map editing (using only default SCS assets). It has been a slow process over the last 6-8 months for me, trying to get used to the map editor and how it works. While I think I have a basic grasp of how it works with the default assets and everything, I'm looking to expand and add some "custom" stuff to my sceneries (avoiding fully custom buildings and stuff for now as Blender and the SCS Tools are waaay over my head so far).

My current project, I am trying to build a company terminal/yard for my VTC. I have noticed that as far as I can tell, in the editor it is possible to place the default SCS trailers only, even if you have mods loaded, from what I can see. I have made company skins for the SCS reefers, as well as for a few modded trailers. What I'm hoping to accomplish is to place in either the stock SCS 53' reefer OR a mod trailer that I have skinned and have it show up in the edit as always being a trailer with my custom skin on it. So my questions are:

1). Is it possible to specify EXACTLY which stock SCS trailer I'd like to place in the map editor? I'm mostly wanting to place a 53' tandem axle reefer in my scenery, but have noticed that the only way I'm really able to get anything close is using one of the depot physics trailer options, which also often spawns sliding tarp and dryvans. If not within the editor, would it be possible to create a "clone" of the SCS 53' reefer and spawn this as a separate model altogether? How would one go about creating such a "clone", are there any examples? (I have tried to do something like this but can only get the body, without any wheels or anything else. I'm having a bit of an issues figuring out a lot of the file structures / requirements when it comes to trailers.)

2). How would one go about placing a mod trailer into a map edit, if this is even possible?

3). Is it possible to force a trailer to spawn with a specific custom skin, without overwriting the default company liveries (to make them only show up where I specifically place them in my map)?

Please let me know if any more information is required for my questions or anything. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Greg

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information