Polestar's Trucking and Transport Thread: Reloaded

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
Polestar
Donation rank:

17 Jun 2021 13:53

Thank you! The Scania might make some guest appearances, I like driving it but I must say I think the Merc cabin is so much nicer that I use that more often nowadays.

About the color, I must confess I am a sucker for dark colors, especially dark blue. The color is a reference to Audi's "Navarra Blue" which was my instagram username because I kept posting Audi's on Forza in that color :D
Current truck: 2021 Mercedes Actros MP5
Current trailer: 2021 Schmitz S.KO
License plate:
Image Image

krigl

18 Jun 2021 15:09

Makes sense, if you are 'playing the game' properly you want the interior to look nice. : )

Polestar
Donation rank:

26 Jun 2021 10:09

I'm waiting on more time to drive - therefore I'm saving up on the Mercedes content.
In the meantime, here's some older drives with some different trucks to spice things up.

I can't remember the last time I did a drive with a silo trailer. Anyway, I hadn't driven the old Daf XF E6 in a while so I figured I'd give that a go.

Lovely little joe average truck I'll be honest.

This was when the new 1.40 lighting system just hit the game. Still looks great.

Updated Stuttgart makes me happy.

Good old M25 and London, still my favorite ProMods area without a doubt. The sheer amount of detail is immense.

Starting to really like the new Defender.

And one more shot from this amazing Scania P-Series Car Transport combo. It makes the game highly unstable (probably because it has to render 8 cars at once and a truck) but it's so cool!
License plate:
Image Image

krigl

26 Jun 2021 20:38

Very cool trucks, I'm going to have to try that Scania myself.

Polestar
Donation rank:

27 Jun 2021 15:43

Would definitely recommend!

Alright, a big travel today so we're back in the Actros.

Always good to be visible.

Don't worry, this is quite erratic lighting. More on that soon.

We're in Slovenia. Suspiciously large amount of night shots coming up.

The majority of the installed lights are mapped to the primary lighting, hence why I'm technically running secondary lights. Still visible enough though.

Queueing for the rest halt.

The drive took us all the way up to Lithuania.

Keeping up the pace as usual ;)

Alright, enough night.

That's better!

Big dam near Riga

Pulled over at a nice scenic location near the Estonian border to eat some lunch.

Something that's new for me: when killing the engine, the infotainment system said it needed an update. Yep, OTA updates on this Actros, even though it only changed some small software related niggles and updated the map.

The freshly updated MP5 in Tallinn

Waiting to catch the ferry to Helsinki

Setting foot on Finnish soil!

The Helsinki business quarter, I presume.

No, I assume.

Delivering a load, sleeping, and picking up the next one. On this rather rough track.

Only four tonnes, so let's do this one on four axles instead of five.

Yep, very rough :D

Stopped along the way to change the lighting setup to have several lights mapped to high beams, so I don't look like a rich person's front yard during Christmas for no reason. Also removed the Lazers on the bottom bar. They had no use :D
License plate:
Image Image

Polestar
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2022 21:07

I have been off here for a while for various reasons, but I did manage to grab a couple of shots in the meantime. I'll give you some highlights!

Part I: trip to the UK and France

From a trip to the UK from a while ago.

Then over to France, checking out Mt. Saint Michel because I haven't been there for a while.

Farmers :D

Still lowkey one of my favorite spots on the entire PM map.

Part II: new trailer
In all honesty, I have been using this trailer for a long while now, but here's the first time you get to see it! It''s a Schmitz S.KO Cargobull 2021 model. Slightly bigger than the trailer I was using and it's a great mod.

Wrapped in my skin already and boasting the newest generation Vignal taillights with fancy LED lighting and dynamic indicators. Great addition to the trailer imo!

Part III: exploring Europe with the new trailer
What to do when you got a truck ready to munch miles and a brand new trailer to help you do it well? You explore Europe, again. First I went up north, to Norway. This is ETS V1.41, so this was ProMods 2.5. More on that later. Also, I have been running a lot of lighting setups on the Mercedes, in this instance I replaced the Angel Eyes with Hella Rallyes.

As you can see here. Still a very trusty workhorse this Mercedes.

Norway is absolutely stunning.

And suddenly in Paris!

I haven't been in Spain for a (too) long time so I figured I'd do a drive there.

Beautiful skies!

Volvo related break

I specced up a Volvo FH16 as a heavy hauler to check out the new Volvo equipment DLC. Not really any other shots but I still wanted to show it off :D

Part IV: Revamped DAF!
I usually have a 'backup' lorry for when my main lorry is either getting worked on or when I'm just feeling something else. I already had a DAF 2021 to fulfill that purpose, but thanks to the Jasper upgrades it's now a whole lot better - and on air suspension!

Still unsure on the DAF looks wise, but as a driving experience it's absolutely fantastic.

Memorial related break
This has no relevance to the main things I've been doing, but I wanted to include it.

One of the final trips on 1.41 got me to Austria, on the motorway between Flachau and the Italian border. Now, I have been here on a family vacation in 2014, and we had a picture of our car at a service station on a beautiful spot. Well, that exact service station is in ProMods! Really cool to see those memories.

Part VI: ProMods 2.6
As everyone here is aware, ProMods has been thoroughly updated for 1.43. With the new map stuff I wanted to check out (among the rest, obviously) Andorra and Norway.

Somewhat unrelated, the trip to Andorra took me through Lyon which went from probably the ugliest town in ETS2 to one of the coolest. I have been here recently and the motorway is absolutely spot on.

I honestly have checked out Andorra more than taking pics of it. Oops...

And back in Lyon!

All the way up in Norway.

Just a great looking spot on the new roads in Norway.

Details!

Anyway yeah, this is what I desperately wanted to see, the notorious Atlantic Road Bridge.

Worth the drive.

A**hole parking :)

Anyway, also went to check out the revamped Frankfurt. I also updated the trailer a bit with new wheels, a new skin (including a new rear door which is gonna be used for whatever cool poster I wanna use) and more painted parts all around.

Part VI: recents
That takes us to today, where I've put some new lights on the Actros and had some various things updated. It's approaching 50.000 km which is a big milestone for the fact I haven't been playing as much as I used to!

I went from Algeciras to A Coruña today.

On the beautiful Ponte Vasco da Gama in Lisbon, Portugal, another definite highlight on the map for me.

An updated rear shot, I found this poster very cool plus I finally replaced the painted Schmitz logo with a white one.

Approaching A Coruña in the dark, showing off how the Actros is actually one big heap of light. I am dabbling with the idea of removing some lights, I like how it looks during the day but it's very... Christmas tree in the dark.

It's cool, but also maybe a bit obnoxious :D

Anyway, another load done!
License plate:
Image Image

Return to “Share the love”

• Information