France and Monaco Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
brainiac
Donation rank:

16 Jun 2021 09:20

I suggest downloading Promods 2.1 to see it better. I still remember the road network more or less.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

christo9567

16 Jun 2021 09:58

I really can't wait to drive on the A1 motorway and the city of Valenciennes, thank you very much for your work xxsamdu93xx

Shiva

16 Jun 2021 16:01

brainiac, I do have PM 2.12 saved on the harddrive.
And right now, the oldest possible ETS2 version from Steam is v1.26.x.
You can dowload those too and do a screenshot comparison.

Kutchek work was nice, but so was SCS's.
And if checking SCS's La Fourguette's exchange, it is good! So was Kutchek 's, back in 2015.
But now, replacing SCS with Kutchek's, would be a downgrade. I am sure there are other parts that with a reskin could be better from Kutchek's version.
SCS's A62 to A620, on the other hand, is a sort of default interchange, instead of the real one.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

brainiac
Donation rank:

16 Jun 2021 20:37

I can't say which work is more realistic, I heard from Franch people that Kutchek's is. SCS used new and more nice assets, but I never could drive on their default copy-paste interchange and default cities with only industries.
I think, with proper replacing old Kutchek's assets with new ones, his work will be much better than SCS's. I hope that xxsamdu93xx will do it in the future.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

taurus31

16 Jun 2021 21:11

Kutchek's works was definitely better than SCS. As a native of Toulouse, I know everything about the layout of this city.
Although the SCS "Lafourguette" interchange (between A64 and A620) is better than Kutchek, the rest of the city, in particular "périphérique" layout (Blagnac and Labège) is way better in the Kutchek version. ;)

Kutchek's Toulouse layout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkL4rigu5uw

Shiva

16 Jun 2021 22:28

taurus31, cheers :)
Yeah, that A62/A620 would be nice, from Kutchek.
SCS's airport area, I think is nice.
Kutchek's and SCS's Gare de Péage de Toulouse-Nord areas are nice.
I would be okay with sacrificing SCS's Péage de St-Jory Sortie N°11.
That way there might be space to reinstate A620 in full.

brainiac, there have been finns, that have wanted back PM's Helsinki, instead of SCS. As an example.
Sometimes replacing assets and small modifyings of old areas can be good. But there are instances where SCS has done a really good job too, but people see the old areas with rose tinted glasses.

Regarding Perpignan, I hope it gets a redo from ground up.
Same for Pau if it is put back in.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

LudoDiabolo
Donation rank:

17 Jun 2021 01:08

xxsamdu93xx wrote:
15 Jun 2021 19:50
Salut,

We have already discussed with ScuL and we think that the Toulouse of Kutchek is much more interesting to build and to modernize than the version of scs ;)

Here is the direct link of the work of kutchek in Toulouse, I advise to see the whole subject of development for those who do not know the work that there was before the dlc Vive la France
86 pages il y en a pour des heures a tout lire et a tout regardais :mrgreen: , mais je connais déjà son travail cela fait de nombreuse années que je suis promods même si je parle très , peut , un peut plus maintenant :lol: .

English :

86 pages there is for hours to read and look at everything lol, but I already know his work it's been many years that I follow promods even if I speak very, can, a little more now lol.
ETS2 1.48 : Promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS
ATS 1.48 : Promods Canada

brainiac
Donation rank:

17 Jun 2021 08:06

Shiva wrote:
16 Jun 2021 22:28
brainiac, there have been finns, that have wanted back PM's Helsinki, instead of SCS. As an example.
Sometimes replacing assets and small modifyings of old areas can be good. But there are instances where SCS has done a really good job too, but people see the old areas with rose tinted glasses.
I like more Promods Helsinki, but I understand that SCS is much better. I hope that Promods will add city center one day, that would be definitely the best.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

peterwu0005

18 Jun 2021 11:41

Hello there, Samuel! I would like to ask if there are any ways to add a marked city on the world map and change the companies which belong to another city to it? Cuz when I travel around France and try to accept an order of “Boisserie “from Marseille , I found that the company is about 3hrs away from Marseille, near the border of Italy. There is a small town called “Rousset” there, however it is not marked on the map, so that it is puzzling and delusory that it belongs to Marseille. Can you mark it on the world map?

xxsamdu972xx
Developer

18 Jun 2021 13:25

Salut,

It is technically possible but there are downsides to doing this,
the first is that the company will no longer be compatible with World Of Truck contracts
the second is that the ProMods does not modify this region yet and that we are trying to remove parts of the map not modified by the ProMods to reduce the size of the mod files ;)
Junior Tester since ProMods 2.46
Developer since ProMods 2.51

Image Working somewhere in france

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information