https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=770
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Zibob

17 Apr 2021 20:00

I hope this is just someone having a bad day, or an honest mistake, there are some accusations being thrown around there and it looks ugly.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

17 Apr 2021 20:26

As it seem this time Promods Team made changes in 2.55 which are normally used by Russmap and now this affects the promods signs..

A quick fix is for now to put Russmap under Promods in your loadorder. But I don't know if now signs at Russmap are affected in same way...
But at Promods the signs are fine again..
Also if Russmap is higher than Promods I had a very bright texture at the A27 near Bremerhaven.. And also at the A1 in older versions.. If Promods is over Russmap the texture is normal.. So not only signs even road textures are affected

AlexBr967
Donation rank:

17 Apr 2021 21:15

Road textures have been broken from at least promods 2.51 so Ive been using this new load order for a while

Zibob

18 Apr 2021 09:48

I downloaded the 2.55 update and also the 2.40 rusmap, these are the only two map mods I use, and set them up last night to see what would happen.

Initially I had broken roads, list was top to bottom trailer and companies > Middle east > Promods > connection > Rusmap

I just changed the connection to be top of the list leaving everything else where it was and it fixed the map, though I have not driven to the rusmap locations yet, I had a very brief drive around Prague and Dortmund to check road signs and they seem fine. I will check a bit more today. Might go on a long one and see if it all connects okay.

EDIT: Just drove up to Bremerhaven, the A27 looks fine in my game. So I have have decently high hops all is well. Now onward to Russia to see if the signs are all okay along the way.

EDIT 2: Well I got to Moscow from Dortmund fine, all the road worked, but the signs in Moscow were blank, I was not paying enough attention to the rest as I passed through Minsk but it did not stand out, only when I got to Moscow it really caught my attention, other than that one minor thing all was well, the GPS was good.
Last edited by Zibob on 18 Apr 2021 13:33, edited 2 times in total.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

18 Apr 2021 10:36

Hello friends,

Regarding this new issue between PM and Rusmap:

Some simple questions, what are you all doing?
Building a map!
For what purpose?
To enhance the experience for guys like me, the players!

But there is no enhanced experience if there is mapcombo recommended and then it works not properly because of such issues we are facing again and again.
For guys like me, the players the enhanced experience is like that :
Wow cool, new update! Load it, make the combo and then? Ouh, what's this?? Empty signs? And what's that? Missing terrain or gaps in the road, what the f.ck!?

So I have to try out what map caused it by removing it or change the load order.. And so on.. And this cause of edited Prefabs or edited signs all with same filename. But a normal user can't know what's going on, and so it is everytime a long loadingtime when the combo has changed.. It can take a whole evening or two.. Time which is eaten by this actions. Meanwhile I could have had some really nice haulings at both maps, but no, the enhanced experience is this time no driving, it is trial and error at the combo... That is very disappointing.

So when you (all mappers) make a change log for the users for us to see what's new to your map, how about to make the same for other map modders to provide information that you have changed this and that in order to have a shorter loading time or in order to clean up your archive or what ever?! So other mappers can look into the changes at the mod itself and then have chance to react to provide a clean map combo for the users again?!
It is a fact that pretty much players are using these combos for their own desires..

And as a community we all should help each other as good as we can.. Threre is no point in just saying "your map is incompatible" and we can't do anything..

That is just an idea by me, but maybe it can help to avoid such situations.

Best regards
MG Mike

Edit:

Just read some statements about the issue
It seems it is a small issue, and it is the same like with that FLD issue.. Given a same filename and while making a combo a Russian "filename.sii" (just example) overwrites a Promods "filename.sii" which causes empty signs all over Promods.. It is like Arayas once said: leave the files original and make an own name and nothing bad happens..

But I think both sides should have a better communication. We are using Google translator or deepL translator which is better than Google translate to communicate with Sergey.. Here it seems almost no one communicates with Sergey or Aldimator.. Instead always the language barrier is responsible.
Same as they also have no real communication to Roex.
I think we all, no matter if Russmap, Promods or Roex, no matter if Mapper, Betatester or player should have a better communication to each other and ourselves.

Only saying "it is not our problem, you have to change your map" does not lead to good relationships in the long range. We are several teams all around the world and we should not blame the one team to be the bad guys. The teams should team up for the good of all in such situations.. I think we Gamers can do much better than our politicians.. Some of them would declare war. I think we don't need to..

bumbumek

18 Apr 2021 15:45

Totally agree with you dear MG Mike. Once again, we are facing problems with lack of proper communication between ProMods and RusMap team. And we, the players, are losing because of that :cry:

Horizon™
Developer

18 Apr 2021 16:08

Here I am providing the temporary fix to the broken signs that appeared in ProMods/RusMap areas.

https://promods.net/sm_forward.html?lnk=/9lp2sjf9nmul/PM_R ... x.scs.html

You should use old load order (the one used before release of ProMods 2.55) and you MUST put the quick fix above all ProMods and RusMap files!

Have fun!
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

bumbumek

18 Apr 2021 16:52

Thank you dear Horizon, we should put it even above road connector?

Horizon™
Developer

18 Apr 2021 17:05

Yes, above all of ProMods and RusMap files.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information