I don't know if it's just me, but Promods Spain > SCS Iberia

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Shiva

15 Apr 2021 19:31

I think the new lightning system is fantastic. Perfect? No.
SCS could have done more secondary loads etc. Parallell roads etc. But then you would not have seen Iberia for.. well, maybe until late 2021 or early/late 2022. And then it should have cost way more than it did now. Way more. For the current price, one gets very much content.
Lazy? I disagree with you.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

tantalus

16 Apr 2021 23:11

lol. The new lightning system is garbaje, plain and simple. The only thing they improved with it was headlights. And thats about it. Everything else looks way worst than before. But i get that many players cant realize that because they probably lack experience playing more videogames and actually understanding lightning and how it works. Trucks interiors are barely visible even on plain daylight, everything looks like a soap opera with washed out textures all over the place. But i get that its a new thing, and people get excited for new things, and SCS knows this. But SCS has been adding half-baked and idiotic features update after update, and since people seem to be ok with it, instead of asking for more important things, sadly they will keep doing it.

About Iberia DLC, i think i already stated my point. Worst DLC, EVER. For maaaany reasons. And again, you guys dont get it. The secondary roads are most of them already there!!!!!! the only thing SCS had to do is to actually make the driving paths and remove the barriers!!! and sorry, and i understand that many people are not from Spain, if they were, they will understand why this DLC is horrible. For many people, the game is just a truck simulator and they dont care if they drive through a fantasy world or real cities. Well, for others, that matters. And Spain is completely hideous in that aspect. I drive A LOT through Spain, and let me tell you this DLC is completely avoidable for those who want to actually feel they are driving through Spain. And yes. SCS is LAZY. Since many DLCS ago. DLCS on ATS are just boring as hell. In ETS, this DLC shows they completely avoided to invest efforts on making it more realistic and enjoyable. And dude, they have been working on it for almost two YEARS!!!!. Sorry that you cant see it, but its what it is. So much expectation for this DLC, and it has been a complete dissapointment.

And dude are you serious? do you think that 18€ is not "enough" money for this DLC? please tell me you are joking.

antonio.stelzer

17 Apr 2021 02:04

300% agree with you. I'm actually suprised i had to search 15 minutes to find ANYONE barely mentioning this. What got me was not finding the alcazar de segovia, nor Segovia for that matter, but since the beggining of driving tru the dlc is started to get the vibe that it's HORRIBLE. Now i've drove tru nearly all of it (which is a sign there is a HUGE lack of roads in it). It's so empty!! My first ever negative review in any SCS dlc. I simply cannot agree more. I even have to add that i guess for the frist time we, people that love and know spain IRL are relating to what say French people felt when they saw no Orleans. It's just lazyness. A lack of care about what they are doing.

Plus you mention they only care about the "simulator" aspect. On that note we don't even have proper roads, climates, weather. It's just a bad game overall. All Iberia did was make me realize that. Such a shame...
Last edited by bmwGTR on 17 Apr 2021 14:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

Shiva

17 Apr 2021 03:29

Ehh, shall we compare Scandinavia to Iberia?
Remember, maps are 1:19 scale.
Regarding lightning, are you using zero mods, none, nada, zip?
What graphic settings are you using?

Yes, I do disagree with you.

You could show your skills and how Iberia should look like
-> viewforum.php?f=36
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

17 Apr 2021 07:50

The new lighting much more accurate. Maybe you need to fix the colour settings on your monitor.
Everyone's acting like this is the end product for the new lighting. It might not be.
I'm interested in what you'd consider 'more important things' though. I might find it amusing.

And Spain has issues. They're going to get fixed, but things aren't back to normal yet. It's almost like the last year has been incredibly disrupted by a globally poor response to a highly contagious variant of the flu. What SCS doesn't fix, we will.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

tantalus

19 Apr 2021 21:06

jdenm8 wrote:
17 Apr 2021 07:50
I'm interested in what you'd consider 'more important things' though. I might find it amusing.
This only proves my point. If you dont know by now what are the most important things SCS should work on, i cant help you.

But i will answer. As ANY player who wants actual quality in this game, the most important things SCS should be working on since AGES ago are:

a) Multi-core support
b) Full DX11 support (there are still many features the game engine cant even use and its ridiculous)
c) Addition of an actual and decent ANTIALIASING system. Like TAA or TXAA. Because the game is completely UNPLAYABLE if you dont use nvidia inspector
to get rid of all that shimmering and most flickering and improving the aliasing.

There are some other more important things than a new lightning system, that nobody asked for, but those three points are a MUST.
SCS just doesnt care about improving the game engine, because they know most players, apparently are completely ok with how bad the game looks today.
Instead, they gave us openable windows... fmod without proper sounds.. lol, ambient occlusion that is completely useless because of the terrible shadow casting system of the game engine,
and what else? yeah, DLCS.

Im just sad that im the in the minority who actually see how things go since a few years ago.

The new lightning system is better in some things, worst in others. The tonemap is completely washed out. It also blurres the overall image.
Shadows are still bad as ever, so the new lightning system is also pointles in that matter. All of that to also appaently increase the game performance requirements because of it.

And now.. i guess i will be waiting for the bann warning... :(

bmwGTR

20 Apr 2021 07:27

Hi,

in my opinion you see that too easy.
Changeing an old game engine to new standards and implementing new features is a huge amount of work on programming side.
Also SCS is constantly working on it, but it takes time.

SCS could also have done the easier way, release ETS3 with a new game engine (implementing a new engine is always easier than changeing a very old one).
But SCS made a good choice for the community and started to change ETS2.

About the new lighting system: I like it, and in my case I play now more ETS2 and ATS again. The old lighting system was just horrible.

Last point: Why should you get a warning if you express your opinion? We are not here in a dictatorship.
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

20 Apr 2021 09:51

tantalus wrote:
a) Multi-core support
What exactly would they move onto another core? Low-hanging fruit like sound and saving have already been broken out AFAIK.
Many games still don't have great multicore utilisation. Also, ETS2 *is* a game from 2013 built on top of another from 2011.
tantalus wrote:
b) Full DX11 support (there are still many features the game engine cant even use and its ridiculous)
DX11 isn't as simple as flicking a switch. The new lighting and AO have been added because of the move to DX11, yet you bemoan the same later on.
tantalus wrote:
c) Addition of an actual and decent ANTIALIASING system. Like TAA or TXAA. Because the game is completely UNPLAYABLE if you dont use nvidia inspector
to get rid of all that shimmering and most flickering and improving the aliasing.
It has SMAA already. Not to mention that TAA and TXAA aren't Anti-Aliasing in the traditional sense, it's intended to blur motion, the visual softening is a side effect (that usually looks like shit). Not to mention that they're vendor-locked.
tantalus wrote:
SCS just doesnt care about improving the game engine, because they know most players, apparently are completely ok with how bad the game looks today.
Not like they just went through and entirely rebuilt the lighting, shading and material systems almost from the ground up. Or reworked the entire physics system two years ago to allow doubles to work properly. Or spent nearly 8 years providing free updates to one game. Noooooo, not at all.
tantalus wrote:
Instead, they gave us openable windows... fmod without proper sounds.. lol, ambient occlusion that is completely useless because of the terrible shadow casting system of the game engine,
and what else? yeah, DLCS.
The sounds are done by one guy. They could be improved, but because there's only one person working on it it's a slow process.

Also, keeping income coming in is pretty important too. Map expansions are in high demand. Map designers don't do the programming or material work.

And again the new lighting probably isn't finished.
tantalus wrote:
It also blurres the overall image.
Maybe your forced AA is screwing up and just blurring the image.
tantalus wrote:
And now.. i guess i will be waiting for the bann warning... :(
I'll play-fight with you until you leave voluntarily. Dunno what the moderators with ban power will do, they're not me.

And, for the record, the new lighting has a bunch of improvements, like occlusion for lighting. This means streetlights and vehicle headlights don't shine through solid objects like bridge decks and light up the pillars and embankments underneath any more.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

Shiva

20 Apr 2021 10:18

Could the Forced AA, be the reason why some have troubles with the new lightning system?

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

21 Apr 2021 11:39

Dear people, it's called lighting, not lightning. The latter is some flashlight phenomenon caused by an enormous electrical discharge in the atmosphere during a thunderstorm. That's also implemented in the game, but is not what we're talking about. ;)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information