Ferry timetables

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

13 Apr 2021 12:52

Shiva wrote:
12 Apr 2021 22:16
How about the ferries that go once or twice a week?
Check if 1 can catch one, or drive instead?
+ cheers for the information.
There's really few ferries featured ingame that sail so few times a week, at least to my knowledge. The one that I could imagine is probably the Iceland ferry from Hirtshals, but I have never been in Iceland in this game (mostly because no truck from mainland Europe goes to Iceland anyway in RL) and maybe some other very long ferries like the Esbjerg - UK boat so in that case I check the timetable and if I see that I can actually catch it, then I'll take it, if not and the next departure is days later I'll just go around on land.
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

13 Apr 2021 13:22

Yep never been to Iceland for the same reason! :lol: But I do think one day I’ll download a car mod and take a trip over there as it seems a shame to not never the great work that’s been done by the team.

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

13 Apr 2021 14:12

And this was my exact plan too! :lol: I was searching for a nice caravan mod for years now but never really found one.

Lukemfc

13 Apr 2021 15:31

Hi do you have the link to the AETR Tachograph plugin thank you

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

13 Apr 2021 19:27

I don't, I downloaded it back in 2015 or 2016 so a very long time ago, it was on SCS Forums so you should search for it there, or google AETR Tachograph plugin for ETS 2 or something. Though I did search for it not so long ago on the scsforum to check if there are updates and I couldn't find the topic but it's probably there just very in the back but I'm sure it was in the Mods/Others section. If you can't find it, there's a simplified one too that's also in there. In the sense of version compatibility you shouldn't worry at all since this is technicaly not a mod, mine works perfectly since like 5 years.

Edit: Found it with just a quick google search:
https://ets2.lt/en/aetr-tachograph-plugin-v-1-0/

Read the description and and the readme file in the archive. You will need to use the console to see the tachograph data once you installed the plugin. You might also want to check the included .pdf file with the official regulations though it's a bit overcomplicated there.

Basics are: - You can drive 4,5 hours uninterupted, after that you'll need to take a 45 min break (Or a 15m+30m break)
- You can drive 9h a day (so basicaly 4,5h + 45m break + 4,5)
- You can extend the above to 10h a day twice a week
- After 9 or 10hours drive you need to take an 11hour break, that can be reduced to 9hours 3 times a week
- You have 13h of "work shift hours" a day, meaning 9h or 10h drive + 3 hours misc (short break, loading, unloading times) sometimes you'll see that even though
you only drove 5-6 hours that day your remaining driving time is only 20min, thats because probably your work hours are running out.
- You can extend the 13h work hours to 15hours 3 times a week
- You can drive 56h at most a week after that you need to make a 45h break, (or a 24h break but then the end of the next week you must take a 45h break)

I know it sounds complicated but once you learn the basic rules you'll get used to it. Just be patient and experience with it. Have fun.

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

13 Apr 2021 20:44

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote:
And this was my exact plan too! :lol: I was searching for a nice caravan mod for years now but never really found one.
Yeah, couldn’t find a decent one too so will just go from hotel to hotel instead!

Lukemfc

13 Apr 2021 21:15

That’s more than another information thank you so much for taking time out to go through this

LAFAYET47
Donation rank:

15 Apr 2021 12:59

Thank you very much for your tachograph advices, they are pure gold ;) I have been playing since a very long time now with fatigue off and simulating real ferry timetables and rests and so on, however I always did this on "my own" I have never used any tachograph plugin or whatsoever. I need to try this tachograph plugin you are talking about and see if I will like it/will get used to it. I also found another one quite quite nice and more up to date, have you ever tried knox-xss tachograph plugin from SCS forum? --> https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=267409

On another level, I think this is not what you are looking for probably, but the Skoda Superb from Steam Workshop (quite decent for being a car mod) has a caravan too. You might give a try in case you want to go to Iceland just for the sightseeing ;) --> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1409820600

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

15 Apr 2021 14:46

Thanks for the advice. Yes I've seen that tachograph but I got so used to this older ones interface that I don't feel like changing, and also it seems a bit more simplifed and I like the complete tachograph simulation more.

LAFAYET47
Donation rank:

16 Apr 2021 15:43

13 Apr 2021 19:27

Basics are: - You can drive 4,5 hours uninterupted, after that you'll need to take a 45 min break (Or a 15m+30m break)
- You can drive 9h a day (so basicaly 4,5h + 45m break + 4,5)
- You can extend the above to 10h a day twice a week
- After 9 or 10hours drive you need to take an 11hour break, that can be reduced to 9hours 3 times a week
- You have 13h of "work shift hours" a day, meaning 9h or 10h drive + 3 hours misc (short break, loading, unloading times) sometimes you'll see that even though
you only drove 5-6 hours that day your remaining driving time is only 20min, thats because probably your work hours are running out.
- You can extend the 13h work hours to 15hours 3 times a week
- You can drive 56h at most a week after that you need to make a 45h break, (or a 24h break but then the end of the next week you must take a 45h break)

I finally gave a try to this tachograph and I'm really liking it so far, adds a lot of inmersion! ;) However, I still need to figure out a few things and really get used to it, because on my first day it seems I drove almost 11 hours :lol: (well I know IRL truckers many times drove over the limit so there is nothing to worry about much, specially the first day)

Also, how the tachograph "chooses" the 13h or 15h of work shift hours? and why 15 hours? should not be 14 if you drive 10 hours a day? or 11h of driving and then 15h shift?

The only downside I have found with this tachograph is the scale of the game itself and those speed & time traps you can find in many places, because time scale it is not properly adjusted in many places ( I have realised that ETS2 is starting to have this kind of bug on a much more frequent basis, ATS is suffering it since Oregon DLC times) you will keep loosing a lot of time parking/manoeuvering your truck in a rest stop or gas stop, places where is supposed to have the "slow time". In old DLC's this was not a problem, scale was always 1:3, same as cities...but in newer ones...oh boy. This is specially worrying in Iberia, every single rest stop and gas station I have stopped there has this damn bug with time scale... time will move forward in 1:3 only when you have completely parked and turn off your truck...but the trigger mechanism does not always work well, sometimes will keep going on in 1:19...this is really bad for those of us using tachographs, you can end up loosing a lot of time for this dumb problem with time scale and all this is reflected in the tachograph.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information