Middle East Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
id777
Donation rank:

30 Mar 2021 15:29

It's 1000th post. Thank you Promods team!
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

Teurov
Donation rank:

01 Apr 2021 18:39

Hello Platypus,
While the way the people complain about the quality is a bit harsh, I have to agree with them a little bit... Isn't there a certain ''Promods Quality''? I mean it's the thing that made Promods different than other maps and stand out... Honestly even a guy from Mersin can't really relate to it being even close to IRL without signs. You can say that there is a lack of models, while that is true there are a lot of improvements that can be done to make it look close, like sidewalks on the seashore... Or even changing signage to how it is IRL.. or just making the city center roads wide like how it is or just adding one popular building that resembles the city, or choose a model that looks like it. And even the signs aren't how they are IRL. Now you might say if you don't like it you can just make your own. But here's the thing, doesn't Promods have it's own quality, it's own set of rules to be classified as such? I mean even when Promods is hiring their devs they choose the ones that can make a place look close to reality. When someone looks at those cities I don't think they can really experience the Promods quality at all. Those are just my own suggestions. While I do appreciate you working there, I just don't think it really can qualify for promods quality at all... Hope you can improve those areas in the future.

Platypus
Developer

01 Apr 2021 23:37

I have to disagree strongly with this. There's some users that request this highest and elite quality : the highest standards you expect and name as "Promods" style.
Some developpers work only to this level, but it requires a lot of work and motivation. Also, they can maintain only small areas at this level ...

It was never my goal. I always prefered to extend the map instead of rebuilding and do more work, while keeping a decent quality. Many other players are happy with this ...
Never forget that the Middle-East add-on is now a HUGE area maintened only be ONE developper (me), if we except Iraq that is done by Horizon.
Sometimes, I receive some models or assets other dev's made for me, that I add to the area ... Thanks to them for this.

But now, you request me to do both : highest quality on such an big area ?!? Honestly, do you have any idea the workload it would represent for me ?!? I just can't afford this, so request denied.
I will continue at my level (that I improve with the time), as long I find pleasure to do this ...

Sorry if I sound rude, but when I hear such things, I realize have only two options to protect myself (I mean by this keep some balance in my life) :

- Continue at actual level (what already request a lot of work, that I do for FREE, using a lot of my free time) and ignore such requests.
- Just give up.

I choose actually the first one, by respect of most of the users that support and like my work.
If too many users should make requests ... I should just finish to select the second ... Keep this in mind when you ask more ...

Regards,

Teurov
Donation rank:

02 Apr 2021 00:09

While I would prefer you working on smaller areas with more quality over quantity, I also respect your and the communities decissions. I appreciate that you do this work...

LudoDiabolo
Donation rank:

02 Apr 2021 08:20

Always keep in mind that all this is FREE, and that you will never be able to satisfy everyone ;) keep up the good work, the Promods team has trusted you and this is no coincidence ;)

You are part of the elite in cartography by joining the Promods team.

I greatly appreciate your work and that of the Promods team in general, even the smallest addition of 10 km of road fills me with joy.
ETS2 1.48 : Promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS
ATS 1.48 : Promods Canada

id777
Donation rank:

02 Apr 2021 15:21

Please don't push on Platypus. He is making such a wonderful map.
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

mrkhmd

02 Apr 2021 20:19

We need to cut off this whole conversation (the IRL thing).
I'm feeling guilty about my past posts (about some changes in Jordan that some of them may consume time and energy) so my apologies to all developers.

Your representation of the Middle East is top-notch... No other mod -and I repeat: NO OTHER MOD- has managed to represent this region on the map the way you guys did.

I'll always appreciate your work.. even if you decide to take down the whole thing off the promods map and burn it.

Thank you, Maestros.
Best wishes,
Image mrkhmd

Platypus
Developer

03 Apr 2021 00:17

Hello,

No, you're welcome. In your case, you just did some small suggestions for Jordan, that can be added easily. This helps to improve the map. Thank you for this.
What I just can't support anymore are those huge irrealistic requests (often from people unable to use the editor), that are completely above my ressources ...
Or people complaining, as they are not satisfied of this FREE product ... For me, it's easy : you don't like it ? Just don't use it ! Or try to make better ...

Also, I don't intend to give up. I think I can keep some balance for now :

- To keep map up-to-date for next versions and solve severe bugs. (This is minimum required)
- To make improvements or small rebuilds with new assets when available
- To make some extensions when I have time (avoid requests and concept maps please, it does'nt help)
- To fix other visible bugs

As far I'm not feeling under pressure, I'll continue. Pressure leads quickly to need of a break. I consider this like a hooby, so it must remain pleasant ;)

Regards,

orestescm76
Donation rank:

04 Apr 2021 12:52

dont worry about stupid comments, this is one of my favourite areas to drive on and it's so impressive that you made everything by yourself!

BreakerTR
Donation rank:

04 Apr 2021 16:47

100% agreed with orestescm76. Just do it your way and in your pace. Take your time. We appreciate it.
Engineering Student and Taxi Driver.
Using ProMods since v2.20.

Languages:
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information