Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Cr1tical_H1t
Donation rank:

24 Feb 2021 13:32

mettikonfetti wrote:
23 Feb 2021 13:09
Hello,
I'm from Kiel in nothern Germany and I always asked, why the important Ferry Connections from Kiel to Göteborg (Stena Line), Oslo (Color Line) and Klaipeda (DFDS) are not in the Map, while other smaller Ferrys in other Cities are included.
I hope, this will come some times.
Kind regards from Kiel.
Thanks for your Work!
I guess it's because Promods follows the SCS philosophy of only inluding ferry connections that are neccessary, since Euro Truck Sim is a driving sim and having connections like that would take away from the driving experience.

PaZz_
Third Party Developer

24 Feb 2021 14:48

mettikonfetti wrote:
23 Feb 2021 13:09
Hello,
I'm from Kiel in nothern Germany and I always asked, why the important Ferry Connections from Kiel to Göteborg (Stena Line), Oslo (Color Line) and Klaipeda (DFDS) are not in the Map, while other smaller Ferrys in other Cities are included.
I hope, this will come some times.
Kind regards from Kiel.
Thanks for your Work!
Hi, I'm from Kiel as well. Sadly I've heard that even with a reskin of the city, those ferry connection won't be included. I guess is would break game balance if some would be able to cross the Baltic sea this fast.

xReaperLegend

25 Feb 2021 20:08

MG Mike wrote:
11 Feb 2021 13:09

Yes? Why?

I am not from this area so I can't really say if it is good or not..

For me it is a little bad that the A3 is not that long as in Promods. The A45 looks nice so far..

But mostly disappointing is (but was already before) the empty country roads. You always don't know where are you supposed to be. Landscape only Landscape no villages no roadsigns... Nothing..
The B71 from Soltau to Uelzen at Promods shows how to do better. Also the Bundesstrassen at Euroadnetmap looks far better. More signs, realistic City name signs and so on..
Why is scs not able to do so? At these now complete vanilla germany I can only drive at Autobahnen. All other roads looks boring.. So it is always still better with Promods or Euroadnetmap
I'm from Düsseldorf: It is realistic that the highways are like spaghetti, they are everywhere and way too many of them, I like that. But especially the ruhrarea with Dortmund and Duisburg (Oberhausen in ProMods) is like one big city, and that isn't represented in the 1.40. And as a Düsseldorfer, I wish there would be the airport, at least as a scenery.
Last edited by JohnBart on 26 Feb 2021 11:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed nested quote. Please do not nest quotes when quoting someone. ;)
Düsseldorf, Germany

Niklkanikl

07 Mar 2021 10:07

Hi, just a minor request. The A5 is currently under construction to enlarge it between Karlsruhe and Basel into a 6-lane highway. The area between Karlsruhe and Offenburg is already done, in-game it is still a 4-lane highway. I also think including the construction site south of Offenburg would be a nice addition.

Keep up the good work, cheers

Blue Lark
Donation rank:

26 Mar 2021 05:52

In the ProMods 2.52 update, when Stuttgart was merged, Ulm from A7-A8 was deleted. To be honest, the merger of Stuttgart by SCS was a godsend, but I didn't expect to delete Ulm when it released 2.52. I may be a little embarrassed, but I hope that the deleted Ulm will be released again in version 2.60 at the earliest.
I'm out (since Mid of July 2021)
Scheduled to come back ETS2 and ATS someday...
ProMods User Since 1.97

trphlcs
Donation rank:

26 Mar 2021 16:31

I really have to say that you did a superb work on Kreuz Bad Oeynhausen and the way to Bad Oeynhausen, I'm driving on this stretch nearly every day and it's exactly like in real life now. But on the other side I'm a bit disappointed and wish you would have added the real Gohfeld intersection ( https://www.google.com/maps/@52.202558,8.746363,15.5z ). If there wasn't enough space for it I'm totally fine with it as it's now. :)

MG Mike
Donation rank:

26 Mar 2021 17:38

@Hobert, I think it was said before that there are space issues now with the new Stuttgart and the Airport and the cross with A8 and A7 and not enough space for Ulm by now.. Maybe they can return it later.. But I can understand your disappointment. I feel similar about Hamburg. I also wish for a new updated version but unfortunately there is currently no one working on it

@Promodsteam

Many many thanks for the fast release. I still haven't time for inspect the new version but I hope soon this weekend and I am very looking forward to discover the new areas by myself.
And yes I will do it by truck. Although I could fly from area to area but it is more fun to drive and discover from the steering wheel..

Cheers!
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Thedownloader

26 Mar 2021 17:55

I really hope Ulm will coming back, also the A43 extention to Kreuz Münster is missing. SCS should never make any Updates in Germany in my opinion.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

26 Mar 2021 19:50

Ulm was indeed removed due to space issues. The new scenery near Stuttgart takes up a lot of space. Even the road network itself. The consequence of that is that the new version of the Drackensteinder Hang starts where our old one ended, thus the Drackensteinder Hang was overlapping with Ulm. But there's another reason; on a technical level, it was really sloppy and poorly aged, and thus scrapping and possibly starting over again will be the better option. The fact remains that we finally got rid of some really old and ugly content near Stuttgart.

Furthermore, we do have space issues near Bad Oeynhausen, so that's the reason why we picked a simplified interchange there. We're glad we managed to make the bypass there and that the city looks much better now.

The merges aren't done yet. We want to merge some SCS content near Frankfurt, a completed BAB71, and on the Rhein-Ruhr area as well, but since we also need to implement a significant amount of drastic changes in those projects, we have postponed them until a later release, as this would require months of work. The aforementioned BAB43 to Münster will not return, but we may be able to link up the BAB40 to the Netherlands.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Thedownloader

26 Mar 2021 23:20

Thx Mandelsoft.

Is it possible to built the A31 to the North and maybe the A33 Connection A2 to A44:).

Ah btw thx for Bonn keeping alive in this great Mod.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information