Middle East Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Julmath
Donation rank:

24 Mar 2021 21:02

@faruk3301 I’ve never such a harsh comment as this one, so I don’t quite know what to say. What I know, though, is that Platypus is a really talented mapper, that his work is always qualitative and that his place in the ProMods team is absolutely deserved. Please keep in mind that the scale means that such a city can’t be fully realistically transcribed in-game. That being said, please write constructive comments next time, and refrain yourself from attacking a team member this way.

Platypus
Developer

24 Mar 2021 21:34

@faruk3301
What a constructive comment ! Before posting such an harsh comment, just ask yourself if you could do better, regarding to the 1/19 scale.
Will we have soon the pleasure to see your 'improved' version of Mersin in 'Show our work' ? I don't think so ...
Also, if you don't like this add-on, just don't use it. Period.

Frate
Donation rank:

24 Mar 2021 21:43

If he would have managed to write in an appropriate tone, it could have passed as constructive criticism. His points about the mountains and and parking lot are understandable but he lost all credibility by failing to do so.

efemsradyo

25 Mar 2021 07:28

The truth is that; Those who damage the image of Promods are those who make destructive criticisms like you!

This is JUST a game, NOT real! This is just a game mode and the person who made this mod is a great volunteer! he doesn't have to, but he's trying his best!

Please do not say demotivating words! Be constructive.
Yours truly !

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

25 Mar 2021 10:37

I find it shocking how someone can speak out this way against a developer who puts his heart and soul into a piece of work, for which he sacrifices his spare time and which he GIVES us completely free of charge, without any compensation on our part.
If I were Platypus, I would be so demotivated by now that I would have thrown in the towel.
So you better be happy that Platypus tried to build your city so you don't have to do it yourself. But if it's not good enough for you, please run the map editor and do it yourself.

mrkhmd

25 Mar 2021 11:48

faruk3301 wrote:
24 Mar 2021 20:12
I don't know how much you care about this, but the developer has modeled it by itself.
This never suits Promods quality.
...definitely damages the Promods image.
About the "constructive criticism" that I saw earlier, I can only comment on your comments as disgraceful and should be retracted/taken down.

Also I want to address the fact that scaling plays a big role in mapping.
For example, if I want to talk about my country (Jordan): If I want to model it and make it appear on the map, I can't upscale it to show all the details.. or else I will end up making Jordan Truck Simulator! I just wished if you had better comments for the devs or else do it yourself.. or in other words: "speak good or keep silence"

So we all can see that the 1:19 scale is fair enough to include most (if not all) of the main cities of any country.
If we look back at the Jordan section. And by comparing it to what we see in reality we notice that Jordan's fourth-largest city (Russeifa) is squeezed out between Amman and Zarqa due to the scaling, and yes, the three cities look like they are welded with each other in real life. even SCS itself in the original map couldn't include all the main cities in Europe!!
MAPS CAN GIVE YOU SOME PART OF DETAIL BUT NOT ALL THE DETAILS.

In the end, I would like to thank Platypus and Horizon for their endless effort.. this mod incredibly gives players some interesting experience.
Last edited by mrkhmd on 25 Mar 2021 21:54, edited 3 times in total.
Image mrkhmd

emreunalir
Developer

25 Mar 2021 19:18

@faruk3301 Not an acceptable comment. The construction of these projects takes days, even months. Platypus brought many countries and cities in the Middle East to the map. The fate of the teams that worked in this region is obvious.
If you do not understand the value of the labor, I suggest you do a similar study.
Yurtta Barış, Dünya'da Barış
Peace at home, peace in the world

https://youtube.com/channel/UC1MwgJmFd01AP5PjEBbjGWQ

Rafaelkai

26 Mar 2021 21:30

Was Gaza added in the lastest version? I don't recall it being present before

Julmath
Donation rank:

26 Mar 2021 23:24

@Rafaelkai You made me double-check, I don’t remember having Gaza before either

StephenHunterUK

26 Mar 2021 23:40

It looks like there's no actual access to Gaza though, just a border crossing.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information