Modding Q&A

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
Danculovic012

08 Dec 2020 11:04

I need advise for fields. Is there any good pattern for fields shape or size. Every time I use the brush tool and I make a few fields I look from the road and it doesn't look natural or good.

I was looking around to see how SCS manages it and I saw that they are sometimes using too much of bezier patch which can influence the optimization later.

Unnamed88008

27 Dec 2020 22:38

Hello!
I have a question: Is there any way to place triggers such as Service, Gas, Company Depot, Truck Dealer, Working Agency on the map?
I wanted to create a custom Truck Service, but I don't know is there any way to place triggers mentioned before on the map.
Example image:

Vøytek
Developer

28 Dec 2020 13:36

If you have FLD prefabs, you can find this icon there.
You can create one yourself in 30 seconds, if you know how to work with Blender.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

cukiniacc

02 Jan 2021 17:17

Hello everybody!

I've started mapping a few months ago and I'm currently working on my own project, though I'm struggling a little bit with ferries, I already searched throughout all the forums and didn't find anything that might solve my problem (I also asked at the Modding Questions channel on ProMods discord and got ignored). I'd appreciate if anybody can give me a hint :D .

In the file system, I have my own ferry in City 1, which has its city1.sui file within mymod/def/ferry and is correctly referenced in ferry.mymod.sii. City 1 has a ferry connection with the already-existing ferry in Dover, UK. Within mymod/def/ferry/connection I have two files: dover_city1.sii and city1_dover.sii. In the map, the ferry itself is correctly located within the city limits of City 1, selected as City 1's ferry, and the closest prefab is marked as Ferry Entrance. Below are all of my files, in case there's an error there, that I'm not seeing.

mymod/def/ferry/city1.sui

Code: Select all

ferry_data: ferry.city1
{
	ferry_name: "City 1"
}
mymod/def/ferry/connection/city1_dover.sii

SiiNunit
{
ferry_connection : conn.city1.dover {
	price: 15000
	time: 200
	distance: 100
}
}
mymod/def/ferry/connection/dover_city1.sii

SiiNunit
{
ferry_connection : conn.dover.city1 {
	price: 15000
	time: 200
	distance: 100
}
}
mymod/def/ferry.mymod.sii

SiiNunit
{
@include "ferry/city1.sui"
}
When I load my mod on the Map Editor and press Play, it works perfectly. I can take the ferry from and to City 1, and I can even set a route on the route advisor. But when I load my mod in the game itself, the ferry from Dover to City 1 (and the ferry from City 1 to Dover) does not exist and the I get the following error in the console:

<ERROR> Missing target link for ferry destination! (kdop_link.ferry.city1)
Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance!

OnyxCrow22

04 Jan 2021 16:54

Are you saving the mod before you load the game up? - Pressing play only loads the previous version of the mod. Not the current version that you was working on.
As in:
Packing your map folder in base_map into a .zip archive with compression set to "Store" and then putting into Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod?
Hey there! I'm Onyx, and I am an avid gamer who likes making models and maps.

cukiniacc

06 Jan 2021 00:18

Hello!

Yes! Not only I'm generating a new mymod.zip, but also launching the game from a shortcut with no arguments. I've checked that the mod is included in that game and everything seems ok.

Something else I've noticed is that if I open the console and write "goto city1" while I'm in the game, it hits me back with a message indicating that City 1 does not exist.

I think that my mod is simply not loading to the game, even though it loads correctly in the Map Editor.

Greetings

digitalxak

08 Jan 2021 07:24

I cannot for the life of me get a custom background image showing. I have extracted all the .scs files as per Arayas' video. It just shows a "no texture found" image.

I have the .mat, .dds, .tobj files. The image is 4096x4096

Do I use editor_data.sii or editor_data_custom.sii? It's not really clear. Upon looking inside these files there are two sets of background map names and and offset above. What on earth do I do? I really don't want to make a map going by google maps.

Push comes to shove I will go off google maps but it's going to be bloody difficult.

Alpenwolf

16 Jan 2021 17:48

Hi, I've a little embarrassing question.
I don't mean to mod much I just got tired of the game beeing so simple but non of the usual economy mods works the way I want it to.
So I took one of them, changed some details and want to insert it as new mod.
The mod shows up in the mods but neither the icon is shown nor the mod_description is there.
So I very strongly assume the mod itself won't work either.

I ziped it via winrar, named it .scs, I have the manifest.sii, mod_description.txt in place as well as the icon img.

Is there a simple answer to what did i do wrong ?

Any suggestion is appreciated
Thanks

Added in 27 minutes 16 seconds:
disregard, was a simple mistake.

PaZz_
Third Party Developer

16 Jan 2021 18:18

The icon must be a .jpg file with exact size of 276x162px. The description file must be encoded in UTF-8. Here are all the details: https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... od_manager

Alpenwolf

16 Jan 2021 19:08

Thank you, I found the error in front of the screen :D
Was too stupid to use Winrar ... I told youit's embarrassing
Last edited by bmwGTR on 17 Jan 2021 11:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information