Turnpike Doubles

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
tatewjr

16 Dec 2020 07:30

I have noticed that Turnpike doubles are allowed in BC. However, the only turnpike double is JUST the box vans (dry, insulated, reefer), however there are other trailer types that can go up to Turnpike Doubles, but comes up as NOT ALLOWED when your only garage is in BC. That is also the case for any triples set, when they are shorter (in length) than turnpike doubles, except the lowboy set. Is this something that will be addressed with the next ATS Promod update?

Josh0

16 Dec 2020 16:16

Long Combination Vehicles (LCVs) are only allowed in specific corridors of British Columbia, but since the game doesn't allow restriction of a trailer type to a specific road we have enabled them for the whole province. The B.C. law allows Rocky Mountain Doubles and Turnpike Doubles; triple trailer configurations are not allowed, except for the lowboy-type trailers, then jeeps and boosters are allowed.

I am currently reviewing all SCS trailer types in B.C. so there may be some changes in a future ProMods update. From our research so far, Box trailers and lowboy's seem to be the only LCVs allowed. If you can find B.C. documentation that suggests otherwise, please share it.

KeaganExtremeGaming

20 Dec 2020 01:37

its not necessarily documentation but i see bdouble box trailers and flatbed trailers all the time
Last edited by bmwGTR on 20 Dec 2020 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

Josh0

20 Dec 2020 02:09

@KeaganExtremeGaming, this thread is about Turnpike doubles and Rocky Mountain doubles, which are different than B-doubles. All types of B-doubles are already allowed in-game in B.C.

SanguinemLuna

31 Dec 2020 04:30

Josh0 wrote:
16 Dec 2020 16:16
I am currently reviewing all SCS trailer types in B.C. so there may be some changes in a future ProMods update.
I do hope some changes come for LCVs, Turnpikes in particular. When I tried bringing my TPDs into BC on TruckersMP, I found that I had an impossible unloading point that was blocked by models on the prefab. As I've continued to play, I've noticed more and more that TPDs aren't really feasible to use in ProMods Canada right now. They just simply do not fit in most of the company prefabs to load/unload. So I very eagerly look forward to any future changes that benefit LCVs. :)

Josh0

31 Dec 2020 18:15

SanguinemLuna wrote:
31 Dec 2020 04:30
When I tried bringing my TPDs into BC on TruckersMP, I found that I had an impossible unloading point that was blocked by models on the prefab.
I had already checked all company locations in ProMods Canada before the release, so there shouldn't be any such problems. If you find problem locations please report them as bugs and follow the bug reporting guidelines.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information