[FIXED] Map Editor doesn't save/load my map properly

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
Teurov
Donation rank:

18 Dec 2020 16:48

Hello,
After I did saved my map and made it into a mod form and loaded it, the parts that i've edited do not appear on the map.
It says that my map is saved and I can see the files but when I make them into a mod form and load it they don't appear.
I'm pretty sure that i've done the compression of the files and the directories right as they look like this konya>map>europe
europe.mbd

Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by Teurov on 19 Dec 2020 00:05, edited 3 times in total.

chaffinch

18 Dec 2020 19:03

My shortcut switches are set to:

Code: Select all

-nointro -edit -force_mods
ETS2 now opens the editor as a separate application from the game itself.

And when you edit the map, make sure that the mods folder contains only the mods that you want the edited map to depend on, such as ProMods. I also know that I have to extract the "europe.mdb" file from any mod and put it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\base_map\map".

Advanced users may hot-edit the map by creating a shortcut in the mod folder to the map folder, as described at viewtopic.php?p=118784#p118784. But the target is now "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\base_map"

Teurov
Donation rank:

18 Dec 2020 19:31

Hello, i've tried what you said. But I still have the same issue.

stradastatale16
Donation rank:

18 Dec 2020 22:30

Hello, first of all, i suggest you to add -noworkshop in your command line and then try to remove all the other mods form your mod folder

Teurov
Donation rank:

18 Dec 2020 23:13

Hello
Thank you for your answer, ive added noworkshop but its still no use. Also the only mods in my mods folder are TRextended and my map since my map is dependant on TRextended
EDIT:
Hello, after looking up the forum for a possible solution, I found that renaming the mod z_mod_(name) makes it so it overwrites other maps that are enabled, which fixed my problem
Thanks everyone!

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information