Strange problems with ETS2 that i never had before

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
Wolfseye

29 Oct 2020 23:59

Hi guys, I wonder if you might be able to help me. I have come across an issue, I never had til maybe a few weeks ago. It started less frequently, but got more and more in the last time.

It is not specific to a certain truck, its not specific to a certain profile or maps that I use, but its happening more and more.

Its like that. Lets say I come to stop at a crossing or traffic light, or in general, the motor seems to kinda stall, at least thats what it feels like. And if I try to accelerate again, it feels like the motor is trying to get going but is not moving at all, its like its working against it. Btw, backwards always works in situations like this, just not forward. Then at some point it goes forward again, you see the RPM is going high (really high) but its like the truck cant get into gear to get forward. After a few tries, it usually works again. Til next stop. I do not use a Shifter btw, i never did, i drive simple automatic. Like already years ago. And thats not the issue.

But this issue hasnt manifested itself until maybe 4 - 5 weeks ago, when it happened more and more often. I dont have anything set, that I could find, that would explain this as for a setting in the game or so.

I have recorded to small videos, you maybe see it better this way, rather than me trying to explain it. I really dont know what that is, because in those years I never had that really much before. Or for sure not as much, to even remember that i had this issue before.

Maybe anyone here can tell me what that could be. I would be most greatful if you could help me. Because as it is, its no joy anymore like this.

Thanks in advance.

Wolf

P.S: Btw, i am using the Logitech G29, back then I used the Logitech G920.

citelis730
Donation rank:

30 Oct 2020 00:41

I had exactly the same problem with Logitech G29. So i removed the G29 and started a new profile with mouse and everything is fine which means that the problem is probably related with the Logitech G29.
Last edited by citelis730 on 30 Oct 2020 00:52, edited 1 time in total.

ScuL
Founder

30 Oct 2020 00:51

I am really unsure, maybe you should ask this question on the SCS forums.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Wolfseye

30 Oct 2020 01:04

citelis730 wrote:
30 Oct 2020 00:41
I had exactly the same problem with Logitech G29. So i removed the G29 and started a new profile with mouse and everything is fine which means that the problem is probably related with the Logitech G29.
I was afraid that someone would say something like this. My gf already said, maybe its related to the wheel. Maybe its broken. I said, no, what can break or make it like that with the Wheel.
Problem is, i cant get used to driving with keyboard again, or anything other than a steering wheel.

But i suppose i will try a new profile tomorrow, without the wheel being attached at all, and see how that is.
Would really suck if I would have to buy a new one.

Hinzugefügt nach 10 Minuten 47 Sekunden:
Its ironic, but in a bad way, I just checked. My lawful time for return and give it back, because of a problem or such, just passed like 20 days ago. So it literally waited til over the time I could have still returned it. :(
I will test it tomorrow morning, not in the mood now anymore.

But if it really works again with a new profile, without the Steering wheel (because i already have it in 3 other profiles with different maps & mods and its the same problem everywhere), then I know for sure.

Koen

30 Oct 2020 01:15

Have you opened the controls page, and checked whether the brake is sticking? (i.e. it will show some brake input, even if you don't press the pedal) The G27, G29 and G920 are kind of sensitive to the pot meter getting dirty, causing the pedal to "stick" (and thus the brake being applied when you're not braking, which makes it difficult to move away). You can solve it by increasing the deadzone, or better yet, cleaning the pot meters.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ ... rs.247510/ (should work for the G29 and G920 as well, but they were not released when the article was written)

To test whether this is the case: open the controls page, set the deadzone to 0, look for the yellow meter thingy for the brake, and brake as you normally would, and then release the brake. If you see it spike, or register input after you released the brake, then it is probably sticking.
Why do today what you can postpone until tomorrow?

Wolfseye

30 Oct 2020 09:05

@Koen: Its not sticking.

@citelis730: I hate when people are right, when its a negativ thing. :( And you were correct, a new profile without Steering wheel, and this issue is completely gone. Guess i have to take a break from this game :( , since right now I cant afford a new Steering wheel. :(

citelis730
Donation rank:

31 Oct 2020 20:52

Just because it's caused by the G29 doesn't means that it is broken. There are some things you can try before you are sure that the steering wheel is broken. You can unistall and reinstall drivers, make sure that is plugged in USB 2.0, follow some tutorials you can find on the internet about similar peoblems with G29 etc.

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information