Future Cities

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
SoundsDigital
Donation rank:

10 Apr 2020 18:07

While it's nice to see some of the middle east finding it's way into ProMods, I can't help but feel the origins of Euro Truck Sim is being lost by progressing so far east and out of Europe, while we only have a handful of roads in northern Spain and nothing at all in Portugal. SCS are also progressing east, is Spain and Portugal ever going to be included? I would have thought European countries would be the priority in Euro Truck Sim and should have been done before heading to the middle east and Iceland, or is the plan to link up with ATS at some point by going through Russia and having ferry links to Alaska?

citelis730
Donation rank:

10 Apr 2020 18:14

Spain will come as a DLC so it's logical that ProMods stopped working there!

Konrad1520
Donation rank:

10 Apr 2020 18:16

There is no point to do Spain and Portugal, since SCS works on Iberia Peninsula now. Also i think Middle East is more of a bonus, main focus is still on Europe

Horizon™
Developer

10 Apr 2020 20:17

Nothing is really lost. Only 1 person (Platypus) actually develops the Middle East add-on. No one else develops there (Except me when I made a bit of Iraq), whilst, the rest 99% of PM developers are still continuing their work on Europe.

Do not worry about it.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Vøytek
Developer

10 Apr 2020 20:19

Keep in mind that
1. We're a group of people and everybody makes his own choice where he wants to work, we don't choose a country and say "Now, all get to work there, we have a lot of Spain missing!"
2. ME is an addon, which is optional if you're interested in this area

If you see roads being done in the Middle East, it doesn't mean all of us suddenly decided to build them and ignore Europe - it was done mostly by 1 developer (and he didn't work on any project in Europe, so we're not slowed down by this addon), with Iraq added by another one. All other devs work in various countries in Europe, but we can't force ourselves to do Spain (and not everybody has the talent to do every kind of landscape in certain areas) and there are other priorities too, like Ukraine or reworking old stuff in Poland etc. Unfortunately, we don't have unlimited time and people to do everything at once.
In this case, Spain is coming in a DLC as mentioned above, so there's no point in working there currently.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

liano

10 Apr 2020 22:16

Pay attention to the old news! Iberia DLC (with Portugal and Spain) was announced in January. Cry less and enjoy the excelent work of these guys from Promods Team. I feel the message a little xenophobic even knowing I'm from Portugal.

bakica1234

11 Apr 2020 21:21

I was surprised to see Iceland in the Game. Are there any trucks travelling from Europe to Iceland for deliveries in Real Life? Anyone from Iceland here can confirm you can see European trucks in Iceland in real life?

ScuL
Founder

12 Apr 2020 00:31

Most European trucks drop their trailers in Denmark and they are then shipped via the ferry and picked up by Icelandic trucks in Seydisfjördur. But of course it's a novelty thing. Nobody with a sane mind takes a ferry to Svalbard either :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Shiva

12 Apr 2020 01:06

Most, yep
I think I did see some whole truck and trailer on the Iceland trip? Mighty Ships MS Norröna episode.
https://youtu.be/NNPeY7oYakA?t=2m2s at 2 minutes 2 seconds, I think actually shows a truck and trailer. As one of the loaded last into the ship.
But mostly it will be just the trailers that are loaded to the boat, without the trucks.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

bakica1234

17 Apr 2020 10:51

Thanks for your reply. Anyway I was driving around Iceland in the game and I really enjoyed it :)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information